- It has been over two weeks since my last post. In the almost three years of blogging this is the longest post-gap ever here at the Carrot. Not sure why but this is sort of cool to me?
- Last weekend Annie and I were in Pittsburgh visiting family and then we drove up to Sandusky, OH for the Rev3 Cedar Point Half Rev Race. We had such a great time hanging out with my Trakkers Teammates and cheering on Matt and Heather as they crushed their first 140.6. I am working on a Race Report with a bunch of pictures for later this week so stay tuned.
- Even thought I have not been doing much training on the swim and bike I still ended up with a PR of the 70.3 Distance - 5h 21m. Guess Base really does matter!
- My next races are all of the running variety:
- 10 for Texas 10miler - Oct 8th- Rocky Raccoon 50k - Nov 5th
- San Antonio RnR 1/2 Marathon - Nov 13th
- Run Thru the Woods Turkey Trot 5mi - Nov 24th
- LaPorte 1/2 Marathon (Sausage on a Stick Race) - Dec 4th
- Texas 1/2 Marathon - Jan 1st
- The Woodlands Marathon - Mar 3rd ("A" Race)
- I might have missed a race or two above. This is not unusual. Annie is the official race scheduler of the family and will need to look this over. I tend to sometimes forget races we have planned, especially running races as they are so abundant in Texas over the next few months. We talk about so many and my brain turns to mush.
- My 11-year old Pug Ernie is getting
even morefat. Just had to adjust his collar and it is on the last notch. Time to get him on a weight loss program.
- On Saturday night at the hotel in Cedar Point I was getting all of my gear together for the race and accidentally banged the the heel of my right foot off the bottom of the metal hotel bed frame. It hurt like hell and instantly numbed the entire right side of my foot. It bothered me a little on race day but has been quite sore since Monday. I blew off my runs on Tuesday and Wednesday to help expedite the healing process. I ended up doing a 7.5mi run last night and it feels much better. Stupid injuries are so, stupid.
- I have a bunch of things to write about over the next couple of weeks: Blister prevention socks, Moon boot running shoes, my take on the GOP candidates and who you should vote for, thoughts on long course bike hydration/nutrition set-ups, thoughts on long course nutrition in general, Fall TV show line-ups, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, high volume running weeks , ....etc
- And last but certainly not least ..... A HUGE CONGRATS goes out to Kevin Neumann @Ironmanbythirty.com for completing his first Ironman this weekend in Madison, WI. Kevin busted his ass in training and put together a fantastic race. It was an honor and privilege following your journey Mr. Ironman!
Thanks for Reading,