I was reading Jon's latest post at SwiCycloRun and he was talking about how his body is feeling all the hard hours of training he has been putting in and how he was ready for a taper. It got me thinking because I was at the same point about 3 weeks ago when I decided to go on this self imposed lock down. So how is it going you ask? Just wonderful! Really, really good. My body is feeling incredible and I am actually itching to get back at it. I have put on about 10 lbs (161 lbs this morning) and my dress pants are actually fitting again. All of you Endurance Vets out there that advised me to rest up were spot on -- thanks to you all for the excellent advice!
Happenings this weekend:
- Big Daddy Diesel is doing an AquaBike tomorrow morning, stop by his blog and wish him luck!
- MissZippy is hosting an awesome give-away for a Somnio Running Jacket. Go over and register for a chance to win this cool looking gear.
- Jason at Tri-Tech is doing his 2nd Sprint of the year and could use the positive race vibes sent his way!
- My wife Annie and I are running a 5K on Saturday morning. She is going to crush it!
- This will be the first running race ever for our friends Elizabeth and Jim so best of luck to them!
I have a couple of fun Product Reviews and Give-aways coming up so check back often. One of the Give-aways crack me up every time I look at it and the other isn't here yet but will be very cool.
Thanks for Reading and I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend.
And when you are out on Monday enjoying the day off of work take a moment and remember the brave men and women of our armed forces that gave the ultimate sacrifice for their Country.