I was at The Festival of San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain - Running With the Bulls.
Riding of the Copper Bull!
In the Stadium after our "Run"
It is funny because this feels like it happened years ago but at the same time like it just happened a couple of days ago - very weird, but such is life I guess?
Looking back on the Running of the Bulls I realize it was a very cool experience but something that I will never do again. First off, I was 33 years old at the time and we partied like we were in college. It took me weeks to recover from the abuse. Second, the actual Running was just crazy. Crazy stupid! I had a sore jaw and bruised ribs from getting clocked by other runners. The other runners were almost as dangerous as the 1200 pound bulls. Now all that being said, I am glad I did it. A once in a lifetime experience!
Some Random Notes:
- I have really been enjoying the EFS Liquid Shots from First Endurance. They are 5oz gel shots that are like GU or Hammer Gel but have 1500mg of sodium per serving. With the extreme heat and humidity that we have all been experiencing lately these have really helped me keep my sodium levels up and prevent muscle cramping.
- In conjunction with the EFS above I have also been using Succeed S!Caps. These little gel caps are loaded with electrolytes: 341mg per capsule. On my long rides and runs I have been popping one of these per hour. If my sweat rate is extremely high I have been taking one each half hour. My performance has really been steady, even on the most humid of days.
- I am really sick of rain. We have been having torrential downpours for over a week. The buoys here are all filled and we are expecting more rain this weekend. Sure hope I can get my long ride in this Saturday and not be relegated to the trainer again!
- Because of the rain and humidity I have been doing most of my running on the treadmill at the gym. And as crazy as this sounds I am actually enjoying the treadmill runs. Crazy, right? (Emz can relate!)
- Has anyone else noticed that Blogger has been a little freaky? The Blogs I Follow has not been updating relegating me to using the dashboard feature?
- Week 3 of my HIM Training is going well. I haven't missed a single workout but my body is feeling a little fatigue. Week 4 is the recovery week and I am looking forward to a recovery week for once!
- My next Tri's are: Aug 1st - Jack's Generic Sprint (500 yd/13.8 mi/3.1 mi); Oct 18th - Try Andy's Tri (400 yd/10 mi/3 mi); and Nov 7th - IronStar (1.2 mi/56mi/31.1mi).
- I'm thinking about doing an Oly Distance Tri at the end of August, but a local 10K is happening and Annie wants to do that so we probably just run.
- I took the Zipp 440 tubular front and the disc cover rear wheels off of my bike and put the trainers back on and I got to admit that I didn't feel as fast. It might be mental though because my Garmin data looks the same.
- Speaking of Garmin, my 305 died on my this week. I have dropped it on the concrete probably 100 times as I am a klutz. But the first time I dropped it on the tile floor in the laundry room was all it could handle. It will turn on but when I try to select a different screen it shuts off. I played with it for a couple of days and the aggravation finally led me to order a new Garmin 310XT. I was thinking about getting the 310xt since it has a 20 hour battery life anyway, but it always sucks to drop that type of cash when it is unplanned.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Thanks for Reading,