- Lots going on in the Triathlon world over the last couple of days. First, WTC announced a new 140.6 race at Mont Tremblant. This race has me intrigued. Actually I might be a little obsessed with it by Googling everything Mont Tremblant related.
- The above picture is of MT. I emailed it to my wife yesterday morning and told her that in August of '12 an Ironman will be happening here and that I wanted to do it. She replied back with two words: Book it.
- We might have a couple other blogger buddies interested in this one too! *cough* Kevin, Mandy, Jon *cough* who else is thinking about it?
- WTC followed IMMT by announcing another race - Ironman New York City. They are calling it the Ironman US Championship (whatever the heck that means?) and word on the street is they are going to charge $1000 per entry. Freaking ridiculous! Especially considering 90% of the race is in NJ. Oh, and the swim is in the polluted Hudson River, yuk! I'd rather churn butter for 17-hrs then do this race!
- My wife, Annie, did her 2nd every Sprint Tri on Sunday. Click HERE to read her report.
- I saw a picture of myself from the race on Sunday and realized something weird. Look at this pic and see if you can see it as well:
- Do you see it? My thighs are bigger than my entire upper body. Completely disproportionate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing for a triathlete BUT it is a bad thing for ones own vanity (and also trying to buy properly fitted pants). This is freaky looking - time to start adding in some weight training for the upper body!
- So I mentioned the other day that my achilles has been giving me some trouble. It has actually been bothering me since the beginning of April but since I am a meat-head the path taken to deal with it was that of ignorance. This path is not one that I would recommend as it could have become a lot worse than it is now. That being said, it really is not at injury stage yet so I have decided to take a couple of weeks off from running and let it settle down some. Because of this I have decided to not race Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 at the end of the month. The thought is to take the time to get healthy so I can begin a solid block of training leading up to Rev3 Cedar Point Half Rev on September 11th. Oh, and if you haven't signed up for Rev3 Cedar Point Full or Half you better get to it soon because all the cool kids are going to be there and you don't want to miss out!
- Speaking of Rev3, check out the new website! It is so easy to navigate and gives you all the information about your races that you could possibly want. The user friendly rating for this site is through the roof. This should be the template for all race website from this point forward.
- The weather here in Houston has be brutal. It has been over 100 degrees for the last few days with dangerous level of humidity. Yes, Houston is usually hot this time of year but not this bad. Hopefully it cools off by the time I resume running next week or I might have to do my first treadmill run of 2011.
Thanks for Reading,