Wednesday, August 19, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 12: Legs & Back + ARX

I got kicked out of the gym tonight! I'd like to think it is because I am so hardcore that I just wore out all the gym employees until they had no choice but to close and go home. But the real truth is that I just got there very late because my work day was extremely long AND my gym sucks because they close at 10PM.

When I left the house this morning I got gas down the road and I reset the trip meter to zero. As I was pulling into my street this evening I looked down at the trip meter and it said 284 miles. That is a heck of a lot of driving considering I was in Houston metro all day!

I ate dinner before the gym because someone was supposed to come and buy my old road bike. Well, they never showed and I ended up not getting to the gym until 8:30.

The good news is that I had another excellent P90X workout and am feeling stronger than ever. The amazing thing to me right now is that I just completed only the 2nd week and I am looking absolutely ripped. The difference from Day 1 to now is amazing. I weighted 162 pounds this morning - a 10 pound gain from Day 1! And that weight is all in my chest, back, arms and legs. I have not increased my calories at all but am gaining solid muscle all over my body. I am sure a lot of it is from my supplements (Cell Mass and Creatine) and a lot is from the fact that I have cut cardio from 6 days a week to 3 days a week.

Now this weight gain leads me to wonder: Will my cardio conditioning be good enough for my next Triathlon on October 18th? Most runners and triathletes are pretty skinny. Lean, but skinny. I was skinny two weeks ago. Not so much today. So I am sort of at this crossroads right now (and I know my buddy Boomer is going through the same thing). I want to do Triathlons and Run in a 10K and 1/2 Marathon in the near future but I like the way my body looks when I am doing P90X and weight training. Such conundrums!

It is almost laughable that a year ago I was worried about blood pressure, cholesterol, and my overall fatness and today I am worried about being too skinny or too muscular! I need to shut-up now because I am annoying myself!

Tomorrow is Day 13 or in your P90X programs: Kenpo X. As per my hybrid plan I will be running instead and plan on doing 5 miles at a moderate pace.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, there is a balancing act when doing both P90X and triathlon training. For sprint tri's it is not too bad, but for longer distances, it is tough.

    ReplyDelete