Sunday, August 16, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 9: 1000 Yard Swim

Hello from Hot and extremely Humid Texas!

I have a bunch of stuff I need to get down in the yard around the house but it is just too hot out to do anything. So, I spent most of the day inside until I went to the gym to swim some laps.

Before I get into my swim I want to talk about this cool swimming website I found. It is called Swim Smooth and it teaches you all the aspects of having a good freestyle stroke through an interactive app that you can download to your computer. I wish I would have found this thing about 4 months ago! Check it out if you are planning on learning to freestyle or even if you have been doing it for years!

Anyways, I went to the pool today for the first time since my Triathlon. I decided to work on my stroke and my breathing using some of the techniques from the Swim Smooth site.

Also, all the reading I have been doing about improving my swim time involves doing intervals. Today I did a couple 4x100 sprints and a 4x50 sprint. This allows me to go fast but also not to lose my form. It is all about the muscle memory. I felt very good after the swim and could have went a little more but decided to stick to my plan of doing 1000 yards total!

Tomorrow is Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. My left shoulder is feeling a little better today so I plan on Bringing It hard.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great training day at the pool. I will be swimming tomorrow and I will probably do 5x200 for 1000. I can see myself swimming when I get all this marathon and triathlon stuff out of my system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Boomer, I enjoyed my swim yesterday and wish I would do it more too! Problem is their are only so many hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete