Saturday, August 22, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 15: 6 Mi Run + Chest/Back and ARX

Annie and I woke up early this morning to try and beat the Texas heat! She is following a 1/2 Marathon Training plan that she found in Runner's World and according to the plan she is to do a 6 mile run at a "Conversational Pace". I have decided to try and add a few more miles into each week so I decided to join her. This would also be an opportunity to run in my aerobic zone and continue to build a solid base. We had a real nice run that lasted a little over an hour. According to my Garmin I burned 745 calories. Towards the end it was HOT and at this point I remembered why I have been running indoors on the treadmill! The last 1/2 mile I tweaked my right knee. Sitting hear with an ice pack on it and it already seems to be feeling better.

We came home and had a good protein filled breakfast. Annie went off to work and I headed off to the gym to do Chest, Back, and ARX. I took two scoops of NO Xplode and ripped through the workouts with Tony and the kids! My ARX session was a little sluggish as I was loosing some steam right after I finished the "Heels to the Heavens".

Good, solid workouts today. I am going to try and add in some more double days to get in some more running.

Thanks for Reading and Here We Go Steelers!

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. Nice mileage today and great job doing your P90X workout too. Man, the heat is hell.

    My research has revealed that running in the aerobic zone helps with increasing the heart's stroke volume. I can go for more stroke volume.

    Btw, sorry about your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jeff doing a double workout! I see that you joined my blog! Thanks. I could use some more followers to keep me going. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing some new pics of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer, The slower running has paid off some. It is just so hard to do!

    The knee is feeling much better. Just needed some ice. Are you feeling these little pains with all your increased mileage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer, The slower running has paid off some. It is just so hard to do!

    The knee is feeling much better. Just needed some ice. Are you feeling these little pains with all your increased mileage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chuck, Keep it up man you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete