Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hal Higdon Training: 8 Mile Run

Annie and I got up in the wee-wee hours of the morning and did an 8 mile run. The alarm clock went off at 5am and I really didn't want to get up. I told Annie I wanted to sleep and she told me to get up. It is days like these when it is awesome to have a training partner!

The run went well. We did it in about 1:18, so a little under 10 minute/mile is what we averaged. It was another beautiful crisp morning and I absolutely love running in this type of weather!

Tomorrow is a scheduled 4 mile run but Annie has to leave for work at 6am so we are going to make tomorrow our rest day instead of Friday and run the 4 miles on Friday!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

6 comments:

  1. Lately I need someone to push me out of bed to do early runs. Now I only wake up super early for long runs.

    Must be nice to run in that crisp weather. I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year, too. Nice and crisp in the early morn. I'm thinking about tossing some wind-sprints and other speed-training moves into my workouts and this is the perfect weather to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer, It is nice doing this training with Annie. Especially since it has become cooler it is always so nice under the covers in the morning so it is hard to get up. But once you get going it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, This is the perfect time in climates like ours! Since i have started all this running my body has completely transformed again. Once I was done with P90X I was pretty ripped but still had a little pouch in the belly. Now I am nothing but lean. Everywhere. I am not as cut up in the upper body but I have no body fat anymore. So that being said - I'd say go for it with the speed training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Annie is willing to push you, all of the women I've dated would have been like, "Ok baby let's just sleep in."

    You are a lucky man. And an awesome one. :)

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Josh --- she keeps me motivated no doubt.

    Have fun in the windy city and good luck

    ReplyDelete