Monday, November 9, 2009

Rest Day

Some updates:


  • I received, "The Essential Triathlon Swimming DVD" in the mail today. A big Thank You to Kevin Koskella from TriSwimCoach.com for sending it out to me. I am going to watch it over the next couple of days and then after the ultra trail run bust some butt working on my swimming and give everyone a day-by-day review!

  • My legs feel great today after the 16 mile run yesterday. It had a little fatigue last night and ended up going to bed around 9pm. I was a little tight when I woke up but after a shower and some coffee I felt fine. I had to drive about 150 miles today and even when I got out of the car I still felt fine! So that is good.

  • I need 21 points from Mendenhall and the Steelers Defense to win my fantasy league game. It is a PPR league so receptions to the RB are good (trying to send a message to Ben).

  • Tomorrow is a 4 mile run and I am looking forward to it!

  • Going to go buy some trail running shoes and some heavy duty socks this week and begin training with them.

  • Annie and I got a new couch in the game room. It is big and ugly but oh so comfortable!

  • Steelers 24, Broncos 10.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Its great that you recover fast from your long runs. That is a sign that you are doing things correctly and that you are highly conditioned.

    Have fun buying your trail shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boomer...its also a sign that he hasn't turned 40 yet. :)

    Jeff, I agree...I'm impressed with your fitness level. I wish I bounced back like you.

    I hope your trail-running shoe shopping goes well. There's a ton of selection out there. If you go to REI, they actually have a ramp with uneven, rock-like terrain on it to let you feel what its like to be out in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boomer and Steve - somedays are better than others when it comes to recovery! Probably helps that I'm on the underside of 40!

    It seems to come easier when I am not working 80-90 hour weeks like I have been .... but what ya gonna do? Work hard. Play hard.

    I am going to try and hit REI either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll have to try out the rock climbing ramp thing ... actually a pretty good idea!

    ReplyDelete