Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Detailed Chronical of "P90X"

My name is Jeff. I am a 32 year old male who lives in Kingwood Texas, a northern suburb of Houston. I cannot eat or drink like I used to and I am beginning to get quite "soft" around the mid-section. This is starting to bother me.

See, here is the thing. My wife constantly asks my why I do not just go to the gym? I have a membership? She goes all the time? I really do not have a good answer for her. No one I know would describe me as lazy, but for some reason I hate going to the gym. Possibly because my job as a sales rep has me driving 40-45K miles a year and the last thing I want to do when I get home is get in my car again and drive to the gym. Maybe that is just an excuse, who knows, but I know I hate going to the gym.

So, last night I was sitting on my couch watching Hillary Clinton pretend she was a friend and supporter of Obama's and I got bored watching that crapfest and started flipping channels. I came across the infomercial for "P90X" - which I was now viewing for like the 50th time and thought to myself, "What the hell, lets get off my ass and do this!".

So, $159 later I am now going to be part of the new fitness revolution that is sweeping the nation. Once I receive the "P90X" in the mail - which should be on the 2nd or 3rd of September - I am going to blog about it daily (for 90 days) and track the results. I will post before and after pictures and I will jot something down after each workout. I also have a couple of days when I am traveling for work so we will see how this sucker performs on the road.

I wish I could say I was doing this so the merits of the "P90X" product could be measured and weighted. Or that I am helping the American consumer make an informed buying decision. But, the truth of the matter is that I am doing this for purely selfish reasons. My psychological make-up is such that I don't handle failure well. So, if I have something in the blogoshpere that others maybe reading and I do not update it daily than in my competitve mind that would be a failure.

This blog will be my Carrot.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I think you've gone off the deep-end! I can't wait to read the daily chronicle.

    Annie's nagging must have finally got to you.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete