The theme of today's post is going to be the word NEW ....
- First, I am typing this on a tiny Samsung Netbook. This is my wife's Netbook and it is NEW to me. The laptop I usually use is a work issued computer and it has been sent to my corporate office to be retired. I should be getting a NEW one with all my data loaded on the HD by Friday. The reason I mention this is that it is freaking hard to type on a Netbook with my short, stubby fingers. If you see some typos blame the Netbook.
- Since all of us NEW Trakkers Team Members will be riding sexy Kestrel bikes this season I placed my order for a brand NEW Kestrel 4000 Pro SL - Ultegra. I am hopeful it will be arriving in the new few weeks and I cannot wait to start banging out the miles on this lean machine. This thing is smoking hot:
- As many of you know I am a big fan of First Endurance nutrition and have been singing the praises of the Ultragen Recovery Drink and EFS Liquid Shots for a long time. I love the Liquid Shots because a 5oz Gel Flask contains over 1500mg of Electrolytes. This amount of electrolytes basically makes it unnecessary to supplement with Salt or Electrolyte tabs. Which means one less item I have to worry about taking while racing. With the vast amount of Liquid Shot I consume over a race season I was eagerly awaiting for when First Endurance would release a new flavor other than the current Vanilla. Well, that time is now because I got to try out the NEW Wild Berry Flavor and it is awesome. If you like the Vanilla Liquid Shots you'll love the Wild Berry!
- If you sensed that I may have been a little stressed out over the last month you would have been right. My company was pushing hard for us to close out December with a strong sales month and we had some extremely aggressive goals. The good news is that we hit our goals and as a reward I will be receiving a NEW iPad! This means that all of you who follow me on Twitter will soon be subjecedt to even more of my goofy observations and numerous workout updates. If you are not a follower yet Click Here to join in the fun!
- One of my NEW sponsors, Avia, is sending some NEW racing flats. They are called the AVI-Bolt II's and have been created with Triathletes in mind. They are lightweight, have elastic laces, and are made to be worn without socks. I cannot wait to try these cool looking suckers out and do a thorough review. It is extremely awesome that companies are beginning to make shoes for Triathletes and not just runners! Here is what the AVI-Bolt II's look like:
That is all the new-ness that I have for now and as usual if you have any questions about the products above (except the iPad, not really savvy, yet) please feel free to drop me an email (jeffirvin AT gmail.com) and I will do my best to help you out.
I hope everyone has a happy NEW year! (see what I did there *wink*)
Thanks for Reading,