- It has been a few days since my last post which is very unlike me. I have noticed over the last few months that I have gone from posting 4-5 times a week to as little as once a week. Most people would probably think this is because of life getting in the way or a crazy training schedule but that is not the case. The main reason: TWITTER (Follow me HERE). The Twitter Killed the Blogger Star. All thoughts and conversation are now relegated to 140 characters. Everybody is doing it.
- Oh, and to add to the daunting and confusing world of social media I am now on Google + and it is freaking awesome. Google + is basically Facebook without all the ads and the ability to filter your updates to "circles" of followers. The other night Jon (SwiCycloRun), Kevin (Ironman by Thirty), and Annie (we were in the same room on different computers) all went to the hangout room and video chatted - it was very cool. Google + is going to revolutionize the way we communicate via Social Media. If you cannot get on by clicking the Google + link then leave a comment or email me with your email address and I will send you an invite. And then we can hangout and you too can meet this guy:
- It has been a little over 7 weeks since Ironman Texas and I am finally back in the training zone. I haven't talked about it much on the blog or Twitter but I was definitely going through some post-Ironman depression. I just did not have the desire to swim, bike, or run. It started out that I was beat up and really needed some rest but then it developed into a feeling of just not wanting to do anything training related. I was still getting in some short workouts but was very inconsistent. Well, last Thursday I woke up and watched Le Tour de France and jumped on the trainer for the last hour. I ended up hammering the entire time and it felt great. Then I went for a swim and followed it up with a nice run and it just all clicked again - Viola! Weirdest thing.
- Only 60 Days until REV3 Cedar Point! I am more excited to hangout with all the cool bloggers and Trakkers peeps that are going to be there than I am to race. It is almost like a little 70.3 and 140.6 is going on in the middle of a big old party!!! If you want to join in the fun sign up by clicking here!
- Some depressing news to report: Since it has been so freaking hot here in Houston I have moved two of my four weekly runs indoors to the dreaded Treadmill. I had only done one treadmill run in the last 10 months and that streak is now over. And here is the depressing part (Except for everyone but Treadmill Diva EMZ) - I am enjoying it, like really enjoying it. AND my speed has comeback big time. I have been doing Wednesday morning track workouts (at 4:45am) and Monday evening speed intervals on the treadmill and the snap is back. For those who did not know this, Ironman training made me a slow runner. All those long slow miles just zapped the speed from my legs. Not anymore, as I have been holding sub-5:15/mi paces on both the track and the treadmill. This is a good place to be with my first ever stand alone marathon coming in early '12!
- The Pittsburgh Pirates are 47-43 at the AllStar break and a mere one game out of the division lead. I have watched or followed on the computer most of the games (as I do every year) and must say I have not had this much fun watching baseball in a long time (18 years to be exact). They have 3 players in tonight's All-Star game and this is the first time since 1990 (21years) that they had 3 or more players in this game! I might have to start a Pirates Blog because this is all I have been talking about for the last couple of months. My friends and wife have to be sick of it by now but I don't care!!
- Doing the Katy Flatlands Century Ride on Sunday. It is supposed to be 100 degrees with a 100% humidity. I did this last year and stopped at pretty much every aide station to hydrate. I cannot wait to get to Sandusky, OH in September and see how my body reacts in 70 degree temps? I might have to run in sweat pants and a sweat shirt as that might feel really cold!
Thanks or Reading,