Sunday, January 18, 2009

P90X Round 2 - Begins Tomorrow ... and Wellsphere.com

Today is a good day! We have Conference Championships in the NFL (Born and raised n Pittsburgh!), Penguins hockey on TV, it is 68 degrees here in Houston, and tomorrow begins my new round of P90X . I feel like a kid before the first day of school!

So, tomorrow I will jump back into routine of healthy living and I am pumped up. To give a little recap if you are a new reader: I completed my first round of P90X at the beginning of January. After ten days off and light cardio I began the P90X PLUS. After two weeks of the PLUS I again hurt my left shoulder and was forced to stop. It has now been about a month and the shoulder is feeling good (thank you, cortisone!) and I am ready to Rumble.

In the next few days I will post "before" pictures so I again have a comparison point. Most of my posting will be after 9pm since I usually workout in the evening after work. The differences from the last round will be that instead of resistance bands being used for the weight lifting portions I will use dumbbells. I used dumbbells when I started P90X PLUS and even over such a short period the results were very noticeable. I am hopeful to get these noticeable results again!

Another change is that I will also be blogging for the Health and Fitness Website: Wellsphere.com .

Hence, that new big old emblem with my smiling face on it in the upper right hand corner. I was contacted by Wellsphere about a month ago and asked if I would like to become a featured blogger on their site and specifically in the Strength and Conditioning Community. At first I didn't feel like doing it because of what I assumed would be a large amount of time required by me to do the transition. But they offered to re-post every entry I have ever made and to even make it look pretty with pictures. They even offered to give me a username and password so my workload was basically just writing blog posts! Then I started investigating the Wellsphere community and found out they offer a ton of interesting articles and advice on everything imaginable in the health and fitness world. If you have a question about say Whey Protein - articles at your finger tip. Resistance Training - articles everywhere.

So, I decided to go ahead and start blogging for them because I felt they provide a needed service to myself and more importantly to those of you who read my blog. And selfishly, it was not going to require a ton of work on my side -- seemed fair! They also offer a variety of ways to communicate with each other and some nice fitness goal tracking software. Very good site -Check it out.

To sum it up: I am still doing all my posting here at the Carrot but those posts will also be available at Wellsphere. If you would like to check out my personal site at click HERE

Tomorrow's post will be about Day 1 and also the nutrition goals being used.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment