- Nine Days out from IM Texas and all is well even though I quoted Chris Berman in the header, which is probably cool according to the ladies:
- Taper is going awesome. All this free time is pretty darn cool. If anyone wants to play Words With Friends my user name is: Jirvin94
- I stopped to pick up some PowerBar Perform at a GNC in the Woodlands Mall today and ended up spending a half hour playing with puppies in a pet store. Puppies are awesome!
- More Good News on the Rev3 front. In August of 2012 Rev3 will be hosting a Half Rev and Olympic distance race at the Dells in Wisconsin. Finally a reason for me to grab the passport and leave the great country of Texas! Might just have to be the location for the 2012 Endurance Blogger meet-up???
- A HUGE Good luck to all of my Trakkers Teammates racing Rev3 Knoxville this weekend! Very jealous I am not there!
- I sold the Felt B14 yesterday. The buyer was a young guy and this was his first Tri Bike. The Zebra fit him perfectly! And I was happy to send the Zebra off to what is going to be a good new home. Ride her well Danny!
|Tip a 40oz in memory of the Zebra!|
- Now I have "Walk-Around-Cash" for Ironman Texas week - I am coming for you Ironman Branded Fragrance:
|Smells just like your laundry room|
- Did a 2hr run on Monday when it was 95 degrees. It was pretty tough but I am feeling much better in the heat now. It is probably going to slow me down some but I am not fearful of it. Anyway, after the run I showered and jumped in the car and went right to the barber shop. Head shaved! It felt like I lost 5 pounds (the scale disagrees with this feeling). Sorry no pics of a bald(ing) Jeff right now. Soon.
- All the little nagging pains (hip, knee, shoulder, achilles) have all pretty much disappeared over the last couple of days of taper? AND my legs feel wonderful. I am a little afraid this feeling is coming too early and I will be sluggish on race day. Probably going to up the intensity on a few workouts through this weekend just to wear myself down some.
- Found out we get to do a practice swim in Lake Woodlands the day before the race. This lake is quite murky (aka: loaded with duck shit and mud) and it will be good to experience it before the big day.
- TRACK-A-JEFF: My race number is #1320. You can follow on Ironman.com using this number or my last name. OR you can track me real time using: MyAthleteGPS.com. A day before the race I will put up a link that gives you a map and it will show you where I am on the course at all times. Also, Annie will have my iPad so she will be doing live Twitter updates on my account: @jeffirvin
That is all I got for today. Will be back in a couple of days with my IM Nutrition Plan and then my time goals for the race.
Thanks for Reading,