Just realized that it has been six days since my last post so a ramblings seems to be in order:
- Yesterday morning I was in the last mile of a 15mi run and as I was coming up to a cross walk two cars were coming out of a parking lot. The lead car stopped and gave me a wave and a smile to cross and as I was crossing I noticed the second car with a woman driving. Her window was down and she was smoking. As I made eye contact with her she yelled out, "Hurry the F*&$ up!" in a very agitated voice. I just smiled because the beauty of it was that the parking lot she was pulling out of was the Catholic Church and the morning service had just finished. 168 hours in a week, 1 hour of being holy, 167 hours of being an asshole -- Hypocrisy just cracks me up!
- This week was an extremely difficult but beneficial week of training. My legs were beat but I pushed through and the added gains in fitness will be felt in the long term. On Saturday myself and a buddy (Dave) drove up to Montgomery for some hill work. We ended up doing over 65miles and many, many, many hill repeats. The best part was that the last 10 miles were directly into a 20mph headwind. Great Ride. Then on Sunday I did a 15mi run in 2h 18m. This was a easy 9:10ish pace run. This was the most comfortable long run I have ever done. The weather was perfect and my legs felt great the entire run. My run fitness is at an all time high right now and I can't wait to see how I perform in the next HIM run.
- Here are the Week 11 stats: SWIM (5h - 10,500yds); BIKE (7h 57m - 137.87mi); RUN (3h 43m - 25.35mi); Totals - 16h 40m.
- Week 12 is upon me and it is a Recovery Week (yeah!) here is the schedule:
(Click image for larger view)
- Patrick @ The Road is doing a virtual Triathlon called VirtualMan. He sent out a spreadsheet and I completed all the workouts - just need to fill it out now! Good job Patrick!
- 61 Days until the IronStar Half Ironman. 256 Days until Ironman Texas. Man, time is just flying!
- I am thinking of doing a post about Training by Miles vs Training by Time. Was wondering what everyone else does? Do you do all of your training by mileage (or yards/meters) or do you train by overall time or by a combination?
- We finally got a new camera since Annie lost ours. This is the 4th camera in the last year - we are hell on electronics! This is the reason why pics have been missing from my posts over the last month.
- So I have been a Blackberry user for years. I can type a message faster on my BB keypad than I can on a computer. I love my Blackberry but it has seen better days and a new device is needed. Well, after careful thought I think it is time to jump into the world of the iPhone. The apps are just to damn cool to ignore and I already use AT&T so by tomorrow I might be a former Crackberry addict!
- Yesterday we went to a BBQ and ate like crap and had a bunch of beers. It has been forever since I have put this type of garbage in my body and am feeling it today. We have another cookout-type thing to go to today and I am going to eat nothing but Chicken and bring my own green tea to flush the system.
I hope everyone has a great week of training!
Thanks for Reading,