- Seriously, all this training is making me stupid. Conversations with people about anything other than training and/or triathlon is very taxing. Some one even tried to get in a political debate with me the other day and I just didn't have it in me?
- We have like 10 smoke detectors in out house and one of them is beeping because of a low battery. I cannot figure out which one is beeping? It does one small beep like every 10 minutes and I cannot figure out which one it is? This is awful.
- On Tuesday I will be getting my new bike. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to arrive.
- My 35th Birthday is on Wednesday - hence the bike. It will be celebrated with a morning Brick (on new bike) - 27mi bike followed by a 6mi run.
- Our weather has been incredible. The mornings have been in the hi 50's to lo 60's and the afternoons have been in the low 80's. BUT the humidity is a thing of the past right now which is why it is so glorious!
- The IronStar HIM is 33 days away. The last time I checked the water temperature at Lake Conroe was 90 degrees. Hopefully it will get down below 78 so the swim will be wetsuit legal. Don't get me wrong, I am not afraid of the swim sans wetsuit, but I'd rather use it to help save some energy for the bike and according to the race reports I have read the swim course is about 200M long. The bike course for the IronStar is not considered a fast course at all. It has over 2000ft of climbing and some of the roads are chip sealed. Now the chip seal isn't that bad but it does slow you down some so a few minutes of time saved on the swim because of a wetsuit would be okay with me.
- We saw Daniel Tosh from Tosh.0 do Stand Up comedy last night. It was pretty damn funny. He is very different from the Tosh.0 show when he is live. His humor is much more dark and morose than it is on his show. He is still completely offensive and insults every race, religion, and sexual orientation possible. Not a single one of his jokes can be posted in this blog with out me changing it to and "adult Content" site. The eclectic group of people in the crowd was almost as enjoyable as the show. He has a very diverse following and the fact that they were serving mass quantities of alcohol before and during the show made for quite the entertaining evening! Some of the people we saw ...
- Since we didn't get to bed until 2am I decided to move my rest day to Sunday and do my long run on Monday morning. I might change the schedule permanently because it is nice to have the rest day coincide with all the NFL Pre-Game shows. The weather is supposed to be a crisp 49 degrees at wake-up (4am) and I am supposed to run for 2h 20m -- should be a lot of fun!
- Week 16 of training is upon me and it is a recovery week!!! Really looking forward to the reduced volume this week because my right knee has been barking. It is nothing serious just a little bit of tendinitis. Which is to be expected. Usually ice heals it up but surely some reduced volume will get it back to being 100% healthy!
Have a great week everyone and thanks for reading,