Thursday, May 14, 2009

Triathlon Training Day 26: Cycling

I got home from work today and had to do some more work for my Real Estate company. This is the 3rd evening this week that I've had to do that! I guess it is good to be busy so I can't complain!

I got home around 7pm and got changed, stretched, and pumped up the bike tires! And the patch that I applied the other day blew up again. So it was time to put in a new tube. Now I haven't changed a tube on a bike tire since I was probably 15 years old. It took me about 45 minutes to get the damn thing figured out and back on the frame! It is better to learn how to do it now than during the race!

The bad news was that since it took me so darn long to change the tube I was running out of daylight. I got in 7.5 miles before it got to dark to continue riding. I could have easily went for 2 times that but what can you do? Now the good news was that the wind was a little less severe today. It was still a hindrance at time but nothing like the last few times out. I averaged about 19 mph today and was cruising around 21 mph for a lot of the ride. My goal is to average 20 mph or a 3 minute mile during the Triathlon.

Tomorrow is going to be a swimming day. I want to work on my TI drills and practice the form. I have to leave the house at 6am tomorrow and will probably drive about 200+ miles and this has been an extremely long week so not too sure if I'll have the energy to swim 1000 yards again!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like we had similar experiences with our bikes today. I had to change a tube and it canceled my ride (ran out of time). At least I got my swim and strength workouts done.

    Good luck on your swim tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those darn tubes are hard to change...the next one will probably be easier but it takes some effort!

    ReplyDelete