Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1/2 Mary Training: 45 Minute Run

Annie and I got up at 5am again today and got in our scheduled 45 minutes running. It was a little cooler this morning so the run went very well. The only problem is that I haven't charged my Garmin and it died on us about 5 minutes into the run. Annie had on her HRM and we used it as our timer.

Since the Garmin died I am not sure of the distance we did but since I am getting used to this running stuff I am guessing we did a pace of around 9:30 - 9:45/mile so that probably put is at 4.7 - 4.8 miles total. I missed not having the Garmin! Once thing is for sure and that is that I have zero doubt in my mind I can do the 1/2 Marathon. I am pretty sure I can do 13.1 miles at a comfortable pace at this point. Might have to go longer..maybe???

I really wanted to get a swim in tonight but my side Real Estate gig may have just smashed the ball out of the park and I have some pretty big time commitments ahead me in the next few days/months. Not complaining because it is a good thing!

Tomorrow morning is a 50 minute easy run!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have become dependent on the Garmin. It is one of those things where not having it makes me feel like something is wrong. I will where mine during the marathon.

    ReplyDelete