Friday, September 4, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 27 & 28: Missed Workout & 30 Minute Run

Last night I got home around 7pm. I was in surgeries all day so I had a bunch of emails on my work laptop that needed to be addressed. I let the dogs outside and sat down on the couch with the computer. The next thing I know it was 9:30pm, I was still sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap and still wearing dress clothes - I had fallen asleep while sitting up doing work!

The funny thing is that I was pissed that I had not got to the gym to go swim. My gym closes at 10pm so I could not get a late swim or run in. So, I just made myself a protein shake for dinner and by that time Annie came home from work and we just went to bed!

Now, I woke up early this morning completely refreshed and feeling great! I have been really working some long hours the last few weeks so maybe I needed that extended crash yesterday!

Fridays are usually my scheduled rest days but since I missed yesterday I went out for a 30 minute run (3.0 miles) with Annie. Our weather has started to cool some so the early morning runs are now possible and we are really enjoying the outdoor runs as opposed to the indoor treadmill! We kept our pace around a 10 minute/mile since we are doing a 7 mile run tomorrow morning.

I still do not like running all that much but I do like the way I feel after I complete a run. That alone is keeping me going. But in order to have some goals to shoot for I am going to do a few events in the near future. The first is a sprint triathlon on October 18th, next is a 10K run on October 31st, and then a 1/2 Marathon in Austin on February 14th. I might try to find a 5k or two in between a couple of these races as well!

Tomorrow is an early morning 7 mile run and then the beginning of P90X Week 5 in the afternoon!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your body took control. Its amazing how the body will shut one down when it has too!

    I like you future goals. I so want to do a triathlon. This marathon nonsense is getting in the way. I also would like to do a round of P90X or Insanity. Darned bucket list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Boomer, imagine how much better your running will be when you are done with theMarathon and start up Tri's again! Heck an Oly Tri will look like nothing after a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the words of encouragement! They come at a good time in my training.

    ReplyDelete