Tuesday, March 9, 2010

47 Days and Counting ....

... Until the LoneStar Oly Tri in Galveston on April 24th!  Just booked the hotel last night and am starting to get excited.  I also am signing both Annie and I up to volunteer for the 70.3 the next day.  This is a really big event for Triathlon in Texas because the 70.3 has been designated an official Ironman race and is also a championship race.  That means it will be a huge field with a bunch of pros racing.  Should be a really good time.

Well, after a sluggish start to my Monday I was able to bust out 2000M in the pool after work.  I used some speedo paddles for about 500M and they are really a great training tool.  When using them I was flying through the water -- 1:20/100M ...lol.  But when I took them off I could still feel the pull on my forearms and it forced me to keep the elbows up!

After the swim I made some dinner and relaxed until 8pm.  Then I got on the bike and watched Jack Bauer.  I did the hard interval for every commercial and it kicked my butt!  "24" has a TON of commercials!  After that is was quick shower and then off to bed.  Good day!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

13 comments:

  1. HOW EXCITING!!!

    BTW, how far is San Antonio from you? I will out their in November for the R&R half mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the WWE for my spin last night! I forgot how "dramatic" it was! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. good spin strategy, I guess you dont like commercials anymore now than before your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel great after committing to the event. Really makes the training seem more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott - San Antonio is only about 3 hours from Houston. My wife has talked about doing the RnR there in November. My neighbors did it last year and had a good time. We'll have to figure away to meet up. I am doing a HIM the weekend before so will probably sit this one out - maybe (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. skierz - this one commercial for HEB was on like 5 times - if I ever see the guy in the commercial walking done the street I may punch him in the face! FOX is a commercial machine!

    JF - WWE..hmmm? might get the blodd a flowing ..lol

    Adam - same way here. Training is so much more focused when a goal race is in the plans ... sorta like dangling a carrot ...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeff,
    I can tell how excited you are about signing up for this race...it shines through in your post!! Awesome, I am happy and excited for you and Annie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't take this the wrong way, but has anyone told you you look like the guy with the bomb strapped to himself last night on "24"? Every cut of him, I thought "....that's Jeff!" :)

    You will have a blast at that LoneStar Oly. Seeing the pro's at the 70.3 will only inspire you and get you fired up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the race is gonna be here before you know it! how many tri's have you done prior to this race?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve - gonna have to go back and watch again. I was happy to see him get blown up. I usually get that I lool like Matt Damon. Especially when I have hair. I can't even tell you how many random people have walked up to me and said that.

    Once in your home state we were at a bar in Savannah (well after it legally closed) and some drunk dude kept calling me "Will Hunting" like every 5 minutes. One of my buddies got so sick of it he grabbed the guy and tossed him out the front door on his ass -- funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jon - I have only done 2 tri's previously. Still relatively new to me but am learning fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeff, good training session...I also have registered to 2 more triahtlon events and may be Japan, if I am recovered from my ITBS by this date...now, let's just cross-fingers to avoid any injury more!

    Cheers from Hong Kong!

    "XTB" Xavi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude, with your volume of training and the numbers you are making, you should be volunteering for the Oly and running the 70.3. Just think, you can probably qualify for the Kona Iron Man!

    ReplyDelete