It has been a few days since my last post and thought it will be good timing to drop in a few Random Thoughts:
- I got my first edition of the new LAVA Magazine and really enjoyed it. Some of the complaints I have heard are that the numerous amount of Ads is a little much. I actually like all the ads and reading about all the new gear and nutrition because I have a sickness when it comes to this stuff. Hello, my name is Jeff and I am a gear addict.
- On Sunday Annie and I are running in a half marathon in LaPorte Texas. With my IMTX training commencing on Monday I decided to just run the 13.1 miles at a nice easy zone 2 pace. I might not even wear a garmin and just enjoy a nice relaxing run!
- Last night I ran with the LifeTime Fitness run club and tried out my new Brooks T6 Racers. All I can say is WOW! They weigh 6.1 ounces which is like saying they weigh absolutely nothing! It felt like feathers on my feet and I was a little concerned that due to the lack of stability that my calves and shins would be sore today. Well, no soreness at all. I am considering wearing these on Sunday for the half.
- As I mentioned above, Ironman Texas training will set off on it's Maiden Voyage on Monday and I am ready to get to it and beach this baby on May 21st. I have spent the last 4 weeks resting with just enough swim, bike, and run to keep me honest. My body feels healed up and ready to conquer the 24-Week Training Plan that is before it. If anyone is interested I am using the Matt Fitzgerald Week-to-Week Triathlon Training Book. Or as Kevin like to call it: The Book. I will be doing the Level 7 Iron Distance Plan and if you would like a copy of the super-detailed spreadsheet please send me an email (jeffirvin AT gmail.com) and I'll forward it on.
- All that cool and positive stuff already being said the training will be a little handicapped because I broke the middle toe on my left foot yesterday. Really wish I had a cool story on how it happened but the truth is I kicked the bottom edge of the shower while stepping out and it caught the toe just right. Hurt like hell and the toenail is already black. The good news it that it is the middle toe so it can be taped to the other toes with very little pain. I ran last night that way and it was fine.
- Check out this funny write up at the 201Ironman Site: How to Brag About Doing an Ironman.
- Joel over @ TriMadness! has another excellent interview. This time with Professional Triathlete Linsay Corbin. Click Here to read.
- I was happy to see who went home on The Biggest Loser this week. I won't ruin it for you DVR people like some others - Cought, BDD, Cough.
- Gordon Ramsey is my hero.
- On last TV thing: With the indoor bike trainer season well underway with the cold temps hitting much of the country. A TV series that you all need to get is Friday Night Lights. You can get the DVD's for like $14 per season (4 so far) and they make for great viewing while sweating away. Over the last 5 years this has been one of my favorite TV shows. The acting, directing, writing and emotional connection the the characters is second to none on the small screen. Do yourself a favor and pick this up.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck to all of you racing!
Thanks for Reading,