Friday, June 5, 2009

Triathlon Training Day 47: Swimming 1000 yards + Intervals

Yesterday I went to the gym and did my swimming. I did another 500M (22 laps) timed test and did it in 12 minutes. I was really focusing on getting my elbows high in between strokes and finding the rhythm of the hip rotation. After that I swam another 18 laps practicing my breathing. It went well and I am feeling more and more confident about swimming each day.

After the laps I worked on doing some intervals. Swimming as hard as I could I was able to get down and back (2 laps) in 35 seconds. Now this would be awesome if I could swim like this for an entire 500M but at this point my chest would probably explode.

Today I am going to go for a 4-5 mile run. It is pretty darn hot outside so I might have to go back to the dreaded treadmill!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment