Tuesday, December 2, 2008

P90X Day 87: Kenpo X

Hello, I just finished off Kenpo today to complete day 87 of P90X. This is my last Kenpo workout and I burned a little over 300 calories. I mixed it up a little and used these 3lb hand weights of my wives for all the punching sequences. My shoulders were on fire by the time I got to the kicks. It is amazing how much extra it takes out of you using a weight as small as 3lbs! So, over the 87 days I have been doing P90X this is the first time I ever did a "Doubles" day (I did Core Synergistics this morning -- see below post). And I feel wonderful. I am sure that I will sleep like a baby tonight.

I was able to eat clean again today and just finished off an excellent baked chicken with whole grain rice and carrot dinner.

The nutrition part of P90X has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time. Before I started P90X I was rolling through life eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Pizza and beer right before bed, a Sonic bacon cheeseburger for lunch, usually I would skip breakfast and just have coffee. And I would wonder why I always felt tired and never had energy? Well, now that I understand how to eat clean and have seen first hand how it has made me feel I will continue this for the rest of my life. Now that being said it doesn't mean I will never have a slice of pizza again I just won't have the whole pizza!

Tomorrow is X Stretch Day ... my legs are a little tight so I am looking forward to this one.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you made it through Core Synergystics it is definantly a tough one. I have this excercise this evening....As for eating clean, it does seem to give you more energy and keep away that groogy bloated feeling. I tried out a new breakfast recipe (courtesy of Men's Health: which by the way is a sweet magazine) today, but my blender was slacking so it didn't turn out so well...Heres the recipe:
    1 cup of ice
    1.5 cups coffee
    .5 cups oatmeal
    1 cup of vanilla or chocolate whey

    Yesterday I was able to do crane for the entire 60 seconds(w/ the exception of my toe touching the ground w/ 10 seconnds left, however I pulled back up) my previous record was 30 seconds or so...I also did particularly well on left leg in the air half moons.....my right ones were a balancing act....

    Good news I got the X plus in the mail yesterday, along with some kind of beachbody sample workout disc....I'll let you know if any of them look promising

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that shake -- it sounds pretty good. I just bought some strawberry whey protein powder yesterday. I have been using chocolate and vanilla - thought I would mix it up with the strawberry--lol.

    Nice job on the crane! I can't get past 5 secs without falling on my face.

    ReplyDelete