Wednesday, December 17, 2008

P90X PLUS Day 2: Interval X & Abs/Core Plus

Sorry for the late post! I started reading a book last night and promptly fell right asleep.

That is what Interval X will do to you I guess! What a great workout -- it is only a little of 40 minutes long but it is very fast. Interval has you increase your intensity levels as you go so you can really bring it time and time again. Example is on the first exercise you run in place for 20 seconds at a moderate pace. Then the next 20 seconds you pick it up. Then the final 20 seconds you bring it hard. Then the next exercise starts and you repeat the sequences. Very good cardio workout!

I burned 702 calories and my average heart rate was 155 bpm. So, this one really had me working!

Ads/Core went a little better for me today as well. It always gets easier with each time through -- especially on DVDs like this that have difficult moves to master! I am still not sure how I feel about Abs/Core? My lower back is sore again today and I think the core portion is really good -- I just wish it had more ab concentrated moves. I may have to start mixing in ABX -- we shall see how it goes!

Today is Total Body Plus -- just sounds intimidating!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. I was a little bit distracted yesterday and completley forgot to do Abs/ Core. I will be making it up Today!! I was preoccupied w/ sending my buddy some phase 1 meal plans to help him get going. He does not have the nutrition guide so i felt that explaining the importance of nutrition with him was paramount. Well today is also a 100gr Carb day....a notch lower than the 2 previous 150gr days. I will be interested to see how I feel when working out. I especially noticed a lack of energy yesterday during Intervals..... Well heres hoping for the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt -- Check your email. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Could you please tell me how you measured your burned calories?

    Thanks in advance!

    Marion, Germany

    marion78(at)fantasymail.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion,

    I measure the burn of calories by using a Heart Rate Monitor. I think i bought it for $50 or $60.

    You strap it to your chest and it measures your beats per minute. You all enter your weight, height and age into the device and it calculates your burn.

    ReplyDelete