- I just did Week 6, Day 1 of the Push Up Challenge and I can barely raise my hands up to the laptop to type this! That. Was. Brutal!
- Last week I wrote that I was considering purchasing a Computrainer or a PowerTap to really help me laser focus in on my bike training. Well, the new bedroom furniture looks great and my wife really likes it. And the new mattress has made sleeping a joy! (note to self - repeat this until you believe it!)
- Watching the Biggest Loser now and I still cannot stand Michael. He is working hard and losing weight but something is just not right about him. He just seems so fake every time he opens his mouth. He will not be missed if he goes home tonight.
- Congrats to the Pens for advancing to the next round of the NHL Playoffs!
- The Pittsburgh Pirates might be the worst baseball team ever assembled. On Thursday they lost 20-0 to the Brewers at PNC Park. After losing 3 more games over the weekend to Houston they had a chance last night to get back at the Brewers for the ass whopping last week and promptly lost 17-3. Wow, they suck. Oh, and on Saturday I was wearing a Pirates hat and a seagull pooped on my head. Even the seagull was letting me know how shitty this team is.
- I am wear testing a pair of shoes for Brooks right now. They are the Defyance 4's. I currently run with the Defyance 3's so it will be cool to have input into the feel of the shoes I will be running with next year. So far I absolutely love how they feel and they are super-sexy. I hope I get to keep them!
- Last night Annie and I were running in my neighborhood and we ran past a guy who looked rather suspicious. Well, when I say "looked suspicious" I mean "carrying 3 ft iron tool used to remove sprinkler heads". These sprinkler heads have large copper fixtures which can be stolen and sold. The price of copper is through the roof right now. I promptly ran home and called the Sheriff's department and by the time I ran back outside they already had apprehended the guy. That is how we roll in Texas guys (and apparently Arizona). He ended up showing the officers where all the tools were hidden and where he was hiding the fixtures. This guys has cost the HOA some cash over the last few months.
- I enjoy "24" so much more when it is Jack vs The World. This year is going to end very badly for some Russians.
- I'm still not over the swim being cancelled on Saturday. The challenge for me in doing the Olympic distance was in how I would perform in the 1500M OWS. My options are to either get the hell over it or to do another race, soon.
- If I do another race (soon) then my little planned 6 week rest and relaxation time before I begin training for the Nov 7th HIM might have to turn into a 4 week rest and relaxation period. Not sure what I am going to do.
- New Toy on the way!! I found a used Zipp 440 Carbon Front Wheel on Ebay last week and put a bid on it. For $95 I am the winner! Never thought I would win it for that cheap! If it ends up being true and looks good then I will probably get a rear wheel disc cover from WheelBuilder.com for my current wheel and BOOM! I have race wheels!
- LOST was a repeat tonight. When I clicked on the TV guide and noticed this I was quite disappointed. Damn you Network TV and your upcoming crappy Sweeps Week!!
Thanks for Reading,