Swim - 3 Workouts - 8400 Yds - 4h 10m
Bike - 4 Workouts - 116 Mi - 6h 15m
Run - 4 Workouts - 29.75 Mi - 4h 08m
Totals - 11 Workouts - 14h 33m
Long Run - 10.25 Mi
Long Ride - 44 Mi
Overall I was pleased with this week of training. I missed one swim workout of an 1h 30m which would have put me around the 16h mark. But with as strong as my swim fitness is feeling this was an okay one to miss. And it was the long steady swim workout - still got in Masters and Intervals.
The upcoming Week 15 is calling for 20 hours of total training with a long run of 2h 20m and a long ride of 4h 30m. The long run is going to be a grind on Sunday morning because we are going to see the late stand-up show (10:30PM) of Daniel Tosh - Tosh.0 - on Saturday night! For as much as I enjoy the Tosh show I figure the Sunday sluggishness will be worth it!!
This is my last week of the Build Phase of the HIM program. Week 16 will be a recovery week of around 12 hours and then the Peak Phase begins and I cannot wait - Week 17 is calling for 22 hours!
Here is a screen shot of Week 15:
|Click Image to View|
- The cold front did come through last night and this morning's run was freaking glorious. It was 60 degrees and brisk. I did 10 easy miles at an 8:13 pace and could have easily did another 10 miles. It was so nice to sweat because you are working out as opposed to sweating because you are outside - such a difference. This 20hr week is going to be pleasant.
- New TT Bike News will (hopefully) be coming soon. I was trying to work out the details today but work was extremely busy. All I am going to say is that I might have to change the blog rating to "Adult Only" or "NC-17" because this bike porn is going to be HOT!
- A big Shout Out to my buddy Big Daddy Diesel for introducing me to Gordon Ramsey and Hell's Kitchen. That show is great and Gordon Ramsey is my new hero. I have been watching old shows of his on BBC and loving every minute of them.
- Trainer Material for Dudes: Fight Quest - this is an old show that was recorded in 2008 but is being replayed on the Discovery Channel. It is about two dudes - one a boxer the other an MMA guy - going around the globe learning different fighting styles. The format is they go through a 5 day training period and then at the end have to fight some Master's from the various martial arts they have just taken a crash course in! So far I have seen 5 episodes and it is awesome. They just learned Krav Maga in Israel and got the living shit beat out of them. They had to take on 10 guys each in 15 second intervals - FULL CONTACT! This makes the trainer time just fly right by because these two guys are doing a lot more suffering than me!
- This Saturday was a big FAIL for me. Yep, it was the Premier of SHARKTOPUS on SyFy and I screwed up the DVR. Amateur move, I know. Anyway, I tried to search for another showing and came up empty. Surely, SyFy will have to play this sure-to-be piece of cinematic art again? If anyone caught this gem please let me know just how craptastic it really is.
- In Fantasy Football News, I need Aaron Rodgers to throw for 5 TD's tonight and they all need to be to Jeremical Finley for me to win.
- In Real Football News, the Steelers are still rolling right along. How good are they going to be when they get the alleged rapist QB back?
- This morning's run happened at 5am and because it is still dark out combined with the Snake Incident from last week the decision was made to drive to the middle of town and run my weekend route. This didn't help because I probably hurdled a dozen or more sticks/leaves on the sidewalks. Going to take some time to get back my nerve.
- Did anyone else watch the new Biggest Loser? I liked how they went around to different cities and selected the contestants. I did not like how the person who finished last in the competitions does not get to go on the show. I mean these were the people who needed the help the most, right? My wife is afraid that this is going to be the biggest crybaby, drama group ever - she thinks too many tears are being shed way to early. If she is right it will at least make for good TV.
That is all I got tonight. Tomorrow is a 4am wakeup for Master's Swim and then an evening bike ride with some vomit inducing intervals. Hope everyone has a great week of training!
Thanks for Reading,