- How are we all doing with the 100 Push Up Challenge? Annie and I are both sore from the 3 days we have done the required sets, but we both already seem to be seeing some more defined definition in our arms! This challenge is a little more challenging than what I thought it was going to be. By the time I get to the Max Rep set at the end of each workout I am toast. However, the majority of the 50 of us who are doing the challenge are athletes and not afraid of hard work - If it was easy everyone would do it, right? So, let's all dig deep and get ready for Week #2. If you are on Week #3 or Week #4 they are linked up on the left sidebar <------. Here is the Week #2 Chart:
- My blogger buddies from the north probably won't like this but damn was it hot yesterday. I got home from work around 6pm and put on my Brooks and went for a 6.5 mile run. It was 80 degrees and humid and by the time I got back home I was soaking wet. It has been cold for so longer here in Houston that I forgot just how uncomfortable the heat and humidity can be! I know, I know someone right now is looking at my blogger pic and is crushing my head between their thumb and finger!
- I have received a few emails from my readers about the Healthcare Bill. I cannot even write about it right now. Just too exhausting. I really just want everyone in Washington voted out. All of them. The system is broke and the only way to fix it is to take a wreaking ball and demolish everything and start from scratch. That is all I got.
- This afternoon my Tri Club is having an Open Water Swim about 20 minutes from my house in the San Jacinto River. I am excited to try out my new Vortex 3 Wetsuit.
- This week's episode of LOST was one of the best ever. You really didn't get many answers about the Island or Jacob. But we got to see the Man In Black again and Richard's back story was AWESOME. This sucker ends on May 23rd and I have no idea how they are going to wrap it all up.
- Hows 'bout the NCAA March Madness!!! I completely crapped the bed on both of my brackets but some of the games have been great and upsets are becoming the norm.
- We are going to look at a used road bike for Annie this evening. I found a guy locally who is selling a bunch of roadies and one is a 50cm Trek 1000. Annie wants to start riding with me and this would be a great banger bike to see how she likes it. And if she becomes a hardcore cyclist she can get a better bike and this one can be relegated to trainer duty. If we get it I'll throw up some pics and you roadies out there can tell me what you think?
Okay, that is all for this morning. Wish me luck so that I do not drown later today in the river.
Thanks for Reading,