Monday, March 15, 2010
100 Push Up Challenge ...
Yesterday I posted about putting together a team in which we would all attempt the 6-week 100 Push Up Challenge. What is the 100 Push Up Challenge you ask?
Well, the Reader's Digest description is that you will do sets of push ups for a 6 week period (3
X/week) and then at the end you will try a one set max to see if you can do 100! This should take only about 20-25 minutes a week to complete. So, if you look to your left <--------- you will see a list of people that are going to be doing the challenge. We will be starting on Monday, March 22nd, so if you want to be part of the team let me know in the comments - ALL ARE WELCOMED!!!. So far we have 10 people stepping up to the challenge (Go Team!).
Here is how it will work:
1. Leave a comment or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you would like to join.
2. Some time this week do the Initial Fit Test and report back to me your results.
3. On 3/22 begin the program and at the end of each week we will all comment on our results.
4. After you complete the 100 Push Up challenge walk/strut around with flexed arms and expanded chest and brag to your friends and co-workers about what a badass you are!
- Q: I cannot do regular push ups but still want to play! Can I do a modified push up? A: Absolutely! You can do the modified "knee" push ups. Annie did it this way!
- Q: I did the fit test and did about 30 reps - the program recommends me starting on week 3 - should I do this? A: I did 41 reps and should be starting on week 3. I am just going to do week 3 for 3 straight weeks and then pick up with everyone else until the end. If you want to start on week 3 then go for it and you can inspire the rest of us to get to 100!
- Q: I am a very busy person and not sure if I can make time - what do you recommend? A: I recommend you HTFU and 3 times a week just hit the snooze button one less time. (no one asked that ...hehe, I just like being dramatic)
Now that the criteria is established the next thing to do is commit. Drop a comment and I will add you to the team!
Have a great week everyone!