Monday, April 27, 2009

Triathlon Training Day 9: REST DAY

As I move through this training schedule I am going to have to make adjustments based on how my body feels. Today I was going to go swim and do Chest, Back and ARX and Wednesday was supposed to be my Rest Day. But I feel pretty beat up from all the running the last couple of days. Running really does a number on your joints! What is weird is that my legs and knees feel fine but my shoulders and neck feel tired?

Anyways, I am about halfway through my swimming book and am excited to try out some of the drills tomorrow to make my body a buoy! Should be fun!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about making adjustments. I think moving chest/back day away from running is a good decision. I did that today. I posted my adjusted training schedule on my site.

    Total Immersion - I tried to do the buoy, lengthen my body and rotate my centerline today and I was able to shave some time off my swim today. The book is great!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought of another helpful tip that I posted on someone elses blog. Since I am slim and in the fat burning phase of the diet, it restricts me to only 200 calories of carbs. So I have been using the low calories whole wheat bread. At only 35 calories a slice I can have six slices a day or a piece or two in the am and still have rice or pasta at dinner. And since they have it in whole wheat it is still the complex carbs. Just thought Id post it here too. I am a carb girl, so if your wife or anyone else is like me, this kind of bread has been a calorie saver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low cal wheat bread - as a wise man once said, "I gotta get me some of dem"! I could use the carbs.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. That low cal wheat bread sounds gooooood! Where does one find this product?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can get it at almost any grocery store. I buy the Nickles brand and I think Heiners has a kind too. It says low cal or 35calories per slice right on the front. And it taste just like regular wheat bread. I love it!! They have even white and whitewheat for those who choose... But not us p90xers, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete