Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Blogaversary Carrot ...





The Carrot is 2!


Just because this picture is of a cupcake does not make it okay to eat one -- we clear?  Good, carry on ...

Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the day I decided to stop being a lazy fatass and start up this blog!  In blog years this makes the Carrot like 34-years old (Al Gore confirmed this).


Two years seems like such a long time ago - I barely even remember that guy?

It has been a fun ride so far and since I am always ripping off stats and numbers here we go:

First Post:  August 27, 2008   (explains blog name)
First Curse Word:  August 27, 2008
First Passive Aggressive Comment About Obama:  August 27, 2008
First Follower:  Mike Lott (Former Fatass who did P90X with me)
First Review of P90X:  December 6, 2008
First Time I Mentioned Triathlon:  March 25, 2009
First Triathlon:  August 2, 2009  
First Ultra 50K Trail Run:  December 6, 2009
First Time Someone Sent an email calling me an Asshole:  December 9, 2008  (Really surprised it took this long)

Total Posts: 587
Total Visitors:  50,924
Total Page Views:  97,037
Average Visitors per Day:  172
Average Page Views per Day: 246
Largest Amount of Visitors One Day:  582
Longest Gap Between Posts:  15 Days (Had a shoulder injury)


When the carrot was started the sole intention was to keep myself accountable.  I figured if family and friends were reading then workouts would not be missed and excuses would not be made.  After I slimmed down and reached my goals the blog would no longer be needed and the plug would be pulled.

But along the way something happened.  That something was that I really enjoyed doing a mind dump a few times a week.  It had really helped me release the pressure and stress of day-to-day life and this is something that I never expected.  Then something even better happened and I meet a bunch of other bloggers that share similar interests and have the same perspectives on fitness and health. Then these other bloggers soon became friends!  If you are reading this you are one of those people and I feel blessed each and every day to have meet such great folks here in our own little slice of the interwebs.  So THANK YOU all for reading my mostly incoherent postings and sharing your own stories and experiences along the way.  It has been a wonderful (and active) two years and I look forward to many more!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

Ps.... This is completely unrelated but it is AWESOME so enjoy!

28 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary!!
    I'm still laughing about your stats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog! Did you have any idea you would become a bloggy celebrity?

    No fair posting pictures of food to people who are tapering and carbo loading. Now all I can think is "cupcake, cupcake, where can I get a chocolate cupcake"...

    Congrats to you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary Carrot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogaversary. 2 years appears to be a long time in the blogging world ... well done. Really appreciate the thoughts and info you pass along. I've put more than one into practice with much success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary to the Carrot!
    I love this post, and the stats!

    And CONGRATS to you Jeff, nice F'n work over the past two years on the weight loss, the new passions, and inspiring others by posting your experience - Its a big F'n deal for real.

    I'm so glad I found your blog...it has inspired me with your commitment to nail your plan, and your thought process surrounding training. Atta boy

    you had me at "Ramble On"!

    keep rollin!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on 2 years, and for all you've done and continue to do to be happy and healthy.

    And on a side note.....did you know that the DVD set of LOST is coming out? With the alternative ending? I read a bit of it on (of all places) perez.com....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Congrats on your 2yr. blogaversary! I'm so glad I found your blog way back when!

    OMG..that video is hilarious! I am totally going to show it to my husband right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!! I've only been following you for a couple of months, but am glad I found your blog. I'm going to go back and read your first post now. From seeing your insane training schedules these days, it is hard to believe you were a "lazy fatass".

    You got me thinking though. I don't know when my blogaversary is. I sorta/kinda started the blog to blog about family stuff on a different domain. After a while, I handed the keys to that blog over to my wife and migrated some of my running stuff over to my new site. It looks like I have some research to do now.

    As for the video. You really had me worried. It was going further than I would have liked without anything funny happening. I thought this was going to be latest rick-roll or something. Glad I toughed it out till the end though. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bloggiversary! Lol, thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeff,

    A couple of things:

    1) The video wasn't quite what I was expecting.

    2) Happy two year bloggiversary.

    3) I've thought of a few choice words when I've read the carrot but never "asshole". I'm surprised that someone went there.

    4) You right good quality stuff that I like to read. Thank you and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry, that would be "write". My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot-Woot! Happy anniversary to the Carrot and many more. I can't wait to go back and click on all the links you posted to read how it all began. You've come a long way Jeff so a big congrats to you there. I truly love your blog and feel like I've known you for years, though we've never met...yet! I really need to find out why anyone would ever email to say that you are an asshole. I actually had someone I don't know, call me a smart ass on the phone. He said, "you know, has anyone eer told you that you're a smart ass?" Funny part is, he meant it in a nice way not a mean way and I knew that but thought it was funny the way it came out. He-he! For a second, I thought he really knew me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog recently but congrats on 2 years!! I'll certainly go back and check out some of the older posts to catch up on what I missed!
    As a former fatass myself, I appreciate the strength and commitment it takes to totally change your life-and body-and mind-for the better!!
    Keep rockin' Carrot and here's to two more years of challenging yourself to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 2 years! This is a great blog and I'm sure there will be many more years to come. I'm having chocolate cake with my lunch so the cupcake was OK to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary, Jeff!!! 2 years ia wicked milestone and look at where you were to where you are now. You are going to do a freaking Ironman next year!!!!

    Ok, I'll bite: Whats the story behind someone emailing you to tell you you are an A-hole. Who does that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo hoo, the carrott is two! I am pretty sure that you were one of the first twenty-five blogs that I started to follow:) I have learned so much from you Tri guys and girls! Keep the posts coming Jeff!

    Happy Weekend!

    BTW, that video is so freaking funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy bloggaversary Jeff! Guess nobody can say Run Fatboy Run anymore. Glad you are comfortable enough to share your video with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy blogger birthday Jeff! Great posts and I love your humor! BTW I finally got to watch the last youtube video you posted, holy crap, that was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy blog birthday! I am so glad that I found your blog and can read about your adventures!

    The video was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary. I just looked at your P90X pics, holy crap, that is great! Well done. I know it was a while ago, but I am impressed!

    Love that video. A friend of mine post it on FB one time, it still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy blogaversary, Jeff! Thanks for the link to the explanation for your blog name. I kind of figured as much but it was nice to read the background story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwwww you gonna make me cry!!!!

    ok I am over it

    Seriously congrats, though I am surprised it took 4 months to have your first hate mail. just kidding,

    Oh

    and

    you have to tell me before I grabbed the cupcake that I shouldnt have ate it...... or 6

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks everyone!

    As for the who called me an A-hole? I can't remember exactly what I posted but it was talking about one of the contestants on The Biggest Loser. I think she knew that contestant personally and said that the editing and producer was making him look like a villain and I was an asshole for echoing those sentiments without know the "facts"... blah, blah, blah .... I remember writing her back and telling her the TV doesn't lie and maybe she was an asshole. Since then I have received a few other complaints but it goes with the territory. Like water off a ducks back ...quack, quack!

    ReplyDelete
  24. our blogs are almost twins! mine was 'born' a few days before yours. next year we'll have to throw a joint party.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Blog-Birthday!!! Its awesome what you have done!! Congrats to you and your accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Blogaversary!

    ... to answer your question about my LBS - check out Bicycle World and Fitness. They have two locations and they are awesome. I highly recommend them. I shop at the one at Memorial and Dairy Ashford. Good luck! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Felt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool! Congrats on your blog anniversary and getting active.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on another year. And, GROSS, but still funny!

    ReplyDelete