Friday, October 3, 2008

P90X Day 27: Yoga X

I woke up today early and for some reason I did not feel very good. Very tired and my stomach was upset? I was also pretty sore from the Core Syn yesterday. Not a great way to start the day.

However, after forcing down 8 egg whites and a wheat english muffin with peanut butter I started to feel a little better. I had a protein bar for my snack and then a turkey sandwich on wheat with cheese for lunch. I ran into a buddy in the afternoon around 3pm and he suggested we get some sushi. I forgot to pack my midday snack so this sounded like a good idea to me. I had about 1/2 dozen California lobster rolls and they were awesome! I probably went over my calories for the snack so I made sure to make dinner a little light. I had baked Atlantic Salmon (6oz) with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower and then about 6 apple slices for dessert.

After dinner I called DirecTV because I am having reception problems ever since IKE hit and I also wanted to finally get HD hooked up. I managed to get a free HD DVR, HD Receiver and HD Dish plus installation. This made me happy because I tried to get the HD hooked up about a month ago and they wanted to charge me close to $400. I guess it just depends on if the customer service rep at DirecTV is in a good mood to get a deal. The bad news is that they cannot get a service tech out here until Nov 2nd to hookup the new HD and fix the reception issue! I would love to cancel DirecTV but they have me by the balls with the NFL Sunday Ticket. I cannot give up my Sunday Ticket!

Then I made my way upstairs to do Yoga. You know you are getting old when you spend Friday night fighting with DirecTV and doing Yoga!

I am getting much more fluent at the Yoga but for some reason I still do not enjoy it. I do not dread it but I just do not look forward to it like all the other DVDs? The belly yoga seven or whatever it is called was a good ab workout and I tried to relax as much as possible this time.

Tomorrow is the X Stretch Day and then on Sunday I jump into Week 5 and it is back to Bringing It hard with high impact exercises. I am sure my body needed this so-called "rest week" that is part of the program but I really missed the pull-up bar and resistance bands.

Monday is day 30 and aside from posting my pics, Phase II of the nutrition program begins. It is not all that different from Phase I except adding two more servings of Carbs to the diet. The breakdown is 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat. I am looking forward to getting some more Carbs especially if these new exercises are as hard as they look. I will still be averaging about 2700 calories a day.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment