Saturday, October 4, 2008

P90X Day 28: Rest or X Stretch

For those of you reading this who are unfamiliar with the P90X program today you have the option to either Rest or do a light Stretching video called X Stretch. It is part of the program to rest/stretch one out of the seven days per week. Today I decided to take the rest. My left shoulder has begun to hurt a little bit again so I thought giving it the entire day off would be a good idea. A little ice tonight and I should be ready to BRING IT tomorrow morning!

Tomorrow is is the start of Week 5 and as part of the P90X Muscle Confusion my workouts are going to change slightly for the next three weeks.

Here is how the days are going to breakdown:

Sundays: Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps - Ab Ripper X (New Workout)
Mondays: Plyometrics
Tuesdays: Back & Biceps - Ab Ripper X (New Workout)
Wednesdays: Yoga X
Thursdays: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Friday: Kenpo X
Saturdays: Rest or Stretch X

To recap my nutrition today - I had a Turkey Scrambler (Turkey, egg whites - 8, low fat cheese) and three turkey sausage patties with a glass of skim milk for breakfast. My morning snack was a protein bar. We took my two pugs to "Bark"tober fest this afternoon and after that I had a Turkey sandwich on wheat with low fat cheese for lunch. Then I got caught up doing some weekend work away from the house and I missed my midday snack (1st time in 28 days!). Annie and I got home and the power was out in the house again so we went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner.

Those of you that have been to a Texas Roadhouse know that it is designed for fat asses (me before P90X) who eat fat ass food (me before P90X). I had a grilled chicken breast with a sweet potato - plain - and a house salad with fat free ranch dressing. I guesstimated the calories to be around 900-1000. The lesson learned is that just because you are at a fat ass restaurant you do not need to eat like a fat ass!

Tomorrow is Chest, Shoulders and Trics. I will be doing it early so I can spend the day watching Football!

1 day until 30 day pictures!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment