Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hal Higdon Training: 3 Mile Run

The Higdon Plan called for a 3 mile run this morning. Normally 3 miles would be pretty easy but when Annie and I walked outside in the dark and the humidity was about 100% the run became much more challenging!

I was sweating about 10 yards into the run! We were hopeful this humidity had passed after the cool weekend but it came screaming back this morning!

Anyways, Higdon calls for an easy/comfortable run so we ran around a 9:45 pace. My legs were still a little tender after the 12 miler from Sunday. Not sore or tired, but I could tell they were a little "off".

Tomorrow is a 6 mile run. I have an early morning scheduled for work so I am going to have to do this in the afternoon. Annie has to work late so she is going to go in the morning. If it is still crappy outside I might have to go to the gym and hit the treadmill.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

6 comments:

  1. I love that you guys run together man, but love even more than when you guys you can't run together you are able to run apart. :D

    And I'll take your humidity over my 31 with 22 wind chill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humidity really makes a difference. I remember running in Alaska. I was doing pretty good times. Back here in Hawaii I am really slow.

    I know what you mean about the legs feeling tender after a double digit run.

    Btw, if you have to do a treadmill tomorrow, can you do 6 miles on that machine. I feel like shooting myself in the head at 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 31-degrees w/22 wind chill? In October? I'd have found a southbound interstate by now!

    A friend of mine from church is a dedicated runner and he and his 15-year old son have just started Hal Higdon's plan for a marathon. He's seen and read tons of books and says Higdons is the best by far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh - that is cold. The amount of clothes I'd have to wear would prevent me from being able to run at all! The weather is one of the many reasons I moved from the Northeast to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boomer - 6 miles on the treadmill may kill me! I took the dogs out this morning and the humidity was gawd awful so treadmill here I come!

    Steve - According to all the people on the BeginnerTriathlete.com messageboards Higdon is the man! Pretty much everyone over there recommends his programs! So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did my 6 miles on the treadmill today, and it was the longest run I have done in a while!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete