Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hal Higdon Training: 7 Mile Run

It is absolutely pouring out right now! Some of the hardest rain I have ever seen. My neighborhood streets are underwater and we have tornado and flood warnings all over the place! This maybe the end of DirecTV for me. Everytime it rains the signal strength goes away and we can't watch TV. Sucks! If only we had the option for Uverse or Fios.

Anywho, Annie and I woke up at 4:30am today to get our 7 mile run in. I opened the door to the backyard to let the dogs out and the heat hit me! It was 76 degrees and the humidity was 85%!!! How does that happen on October 29th? Dri Fit tank top time!

We started our run and it began to rain. It was a welcomed rain because of the heat. It rained for about a 1/2 mile and then stopped and became even more humid ... good times! We ended up sweating our way through and ripping off the 7 miles! Our time was 1 hour and 11 minutes which is a 10 minute/mile pace. The training program called for us to run at a slower pace so this was okay. Annie was really struggling with the heat this morning so we didn't push.

Tomorrow I am going to run 4 miles, probably at the gym because it is supposed to still be raining.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Tornado warnings! That can't be a good thing. I have only seen those things on TV.

    Its great that you folks got your run done early. It would be a bummer wondering if your going to be able to get your training done later in the day with the weather not cooperating.

    How far is your long run this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boomer - the long run is 15 miles. I am doing a 10k on Saturday and then the long run on Sunday. After Sunday's run I will probably be pretty beat up!

    ReplyDelete