Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hal Higdon Training: Back in the Saddle ... 3 Mile Run

Sitting here watching "The Biggest Loser" on DVR. I love this show, however, I don't really care for any of the participants this season. Very weird. The last few years I was cheering for some and rooting against some others. This year I am still enjoying it but they all seem to be a very emotional group and I could care less who wins!

Anyways, we got up early in the cool Texas morning - 58 degrees - and had a decent run. It took me about a mile to find a groove. Which is much better than the usual two or three miles it takes me to find said groove! I finished the run in 26 minutes. My legs felt absolutely wonderful and I could have easily ran 10 more miles, but I jumped back into the Higdon training plan. Today is 3 miles, tomorrow is 7 miles, Thursday is 3 again! On Saturday I am doing a 10K at the Sam Houston Race Way which is 6.2 miles and then on Sunday I am going to do 15 miles! The 10K is at a race track and costumes are encouraged and I own a Ricky Bobbie race suit from a previous Halloween. I keep picturing the end of Talladega Nights when Will Ferrell sprinted to the finish against the Frenchy. I cannot think of a more appropriate time to wear my Ricky Bobby costume!

Whoa ... getting a little misty in the room ... I am now rooting for Abby on The Biggest Loser. No spoilers but this woman lost her husband and two small children in a car accident. Wow!

Tomorrow is a 7 mile run. I have to leave the house by 7am so I will opt to do the run in the evening. Weather is supposed to be great again so it should be fun!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Your recovery days paid off for you. You have a pretty big mileage week though with your 10k and long run. I can't help to think back 7 or 8 months ago. Now you are just tearing it up!

    Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows too... but, you're right. Too much crying!

    I do feel for Abby though! Man, I can't imagine going through what she did.

    ReplyDelete