Thursday, October 1, 2009

1000 Yd Swim & 3.1 Mile Run

I was feeling bad about missing my workouts yesterday so I decided to hit it hard today. I was going to get up early and run outside but when I did I decided it would be nice to swim too.

So I went to the gym and got in 1000 yards in the pool. I decided to work on speed so I did a bunch of 2x50 interval sprints and finished with a couple of slow 2x50 to cool down and reclaim my form.

I then hit the locker room, showered up and jumped on the treadmill. My starting pace about a 9 minute mile but then I became increasingly bored and upped the pace. The whole reason was because I was so bored on the treadmill that I wanted to finish faster! Ended up doing 3.1 miles in 24:46 minutes. Not a bad time but I should have started harder!

Tomorrow Annie and I are going to run at an easy pace for 30 minutes. Then on Saturday we have a 10 mile run scheduled. The good news is that a cold front is coming through and the temperature is going to be in the high 70's, but it is supposed to rain.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Jeff, you sir are a beast!

    Nice workout this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great training day. Sprints in the pool for 1000 yard and a 24 min 5k is great! Perhaps you would have gotten 22 or 23 minutes if you started out faster.

    There is no doubt in my mind that you will be running sub-20 5k's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOTF - Thanks man! Sometimes you just need the time to git 'er dun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Boomer - With all the aerobic running lately it might be hard to find the speed. It is amazing at how much more comfortable I am with distance running since the miles have been racking up!

    Now as for the sub-20 min 5k? I think I could probably do it but it would be very uncomfortable for sure. I might try next week on my wednesday run just to see!!

    ReplyDelete