Tuesday, September 9, 2008

P90X Day 3: Arms/Shoulders/Abs

I was sore today people!!

The pain in my quads made it hard to sit, little bit of grunting getting in and out of my car today. That being said, I feel awesome otherwise. I have more energy than I have had in a long time and I am sleeping like a champ. I have never been a sound sleeper and I usually wake to the slightest noise but since I started this diet and workout I have been sleeping great. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe not?

Started the morning with a protein shake mixed with skim milk, banana and a watermelon slice - it was excellent. Had a protein bar for my mid-morning snack and a chef salad with turkey, ham, cheese and fat-free ranch for lunch. My midday snack was 1 oz of mozzarella cheese stick and the recovery drink. BTW - the P90X Recovery Drink tastes great.

Today's workout was intense as usual. It was paced very quick and as usual I was soaked at the end. I used the Green resistance bands (I think they are 50 lbs) for all of the arm and shoulder exercises, except the straight arm flys, used the red (30lbs). The burn was good and I hit most of my rep goals. I will look forward to doing this again next week, unlike Plyometrics which almost killed me.

Then I rolled right into AB RIPPER X. It is brutal. I absolutely love it. I did much better this time than during Day 1. Still felt like I was going to vomit a few times.

So, going to make the Beef and broccoli Stir Fry from the Nutrition Guide for dinner. It looks good.

Tomorrow is Yoga. Not sure how I feel about this.

On a more serious note it looks like Hurricane IKE has a real good chance of doing some damage here in the Houston area. The weather sites are saying it will hit late Friday or early Saturday. I was here when Rita came through 3 years ago and it was hard to see so many struggle. So, if anyone is actually reading my daily drivel please keep my family and the entire Gulf Region in your prayers.

Thanks for reading!

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Got my P90X yesterday, but am prepping to pass the fit test next week (need to pass the wall squat, I'll just have to accept 0 on the pull up). Anyways, the green is 40lbs, and the black is 50lb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool thanks, wasn't sure of the weight.

    Good luck with P90X. Keep me updated with your progress!

    ReplyDelete