I played a little game with the trainer today. I started at 5:30 which is the exact time "The Office" begins on TBS. Every time a commercial break happened I jumped to the big ring and just mashed at an RPE 10 level. When the kids from Dunder Mifflin came back it would be back to the small ring and an RPE 4 range. Then "The Office" is on Fox again at 6:00 so I just repeated. These are the things that need to be done to keep my sanity on the trainer - even if it is somewhat insane? As soon as a commercial would come on I'd yell at my Pug, who lays next to the bike every ride, "GO! GO!". Every time he would look up at me like I was a nut-job. Such memories these hours on the trainer are creating!
- Watching American Idol right now. Not really enjoying it that much.
- It is freaking freezing in Houston right now. I am all for Congress investigating Al Gore.
- Lost is on right now but I like to wait like 20 minutes to watch so I can skip the commercials. The DVR maybe the best invention in the last 10 years.
- Thinking if I do the 10K Rodeo Run this weekend that I am going to race the hell out of it. My last 10K was done in 46:20 and I raced that hard. Thinking I can do it in 44ish? I've taken one race easy (Sugarland 1/2 Marathon - 1:55:xx) because I didn't want to "lose training time because of recovery" ... got a new perspective on that - Races are for racing...biatches. But I reserve the right to channel my inner John Kerry and flip-flop on this as I see fit!
- Do any of you guys use tempur-pedic neck pillows I tried one at the mall this weekend and it seemed awesome, but it is like $85? If that type of cash is going to be dropped I'd love to hear a positive review or two?
- How's bout LaDanian Tomlinson and Brian Westbrook both being released. IMO, very solid move by both teams. Youth is king in the NFL!
Thanks for Reading,