Monday, October 13, 2008

P90X Day 37: Plyometrics

When I was in my twenties I could stay up all night long and roll through the next day with zero effects from the lack of sleep. Well, now that I am in my 30's that is no longer the case. Yesterday I had a below average workout with below average effort because of lack of sleep. Last night I got a solid 7 hours of sleep and Plyometrics today was awesome!

I had a protein shake for breakfast. A protein bar for a snack (side note: I switched to a protein bar that has 20G of Protein and 12G of carbs, I needed to keep the carb/protein balance and this helped). A huge chef salad for lunch. Another protein bar for midday snack. And 96% beef tacos on the low carb shells for Dinner. Along with the recovery drink I had about 2500-2700 calories today and I needed them all for the Plyo workout!

I got home from work and immediately slammed some SuperPump 250. It got me going and I was able to BRING THE HELL OUT OF IT! I focused on really trying to jump today. The guy in the DVD who is in the far back - his name is Dominique. Is a human frog and damn near jumps out of the video during this entire workout. I decided to try and follow him instead of Tony. I was able to achieve his frog-like ability but I jumped higher and longer than ever before. I did double time on the knee jumps (which is the hardest move on Plyo) for the entire 30 seconds both times through!

Also, I stopped by a Walgreens this morning and bought some Icy Hot to try on my shoulder. I actually took off my shirt and tie in the car and rubbed it on my shoulder immediately because I was aching. I then had an appointment a couple of minutes after that and all the assistants in the office keep asking me if I had bengay on me. They all found it funny - I found it awesome. It has been probably 10 years since I have used Icy Hot and it is REALLY helping my banged up left shoulder. I have it on now and it just feels great. I had been putting ice on the shoulder for the last couple of weeks and have very little relief other than the 10 or so minutes my shoulder was just numb from the cold. Anyways, I am just hoping this helps with the pain and I can continue on Bringing it like I have been!

Tomorrow is the Back and Biceps day and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I will be in San Antonio at a convention for work. I ordered the door attachment to allow my resistance bands to perform pullup type exercises! I ordered this like 3 weeks ago and it is still not here. According to the tracking number it will be here tomorrow. My one and only complaint with Beachbodies/P90X is that their shipping is tediously slow. I am pretty sure the communication between the P90X website and shipping department at Beachbodies is executed using carrier pigeons.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    Have you tried Tiger Balm? It's good for aches and pains.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Balm

    I'm on day 25 of the Lean program myself. I'll keep bringing it just as you are.

    Tai Chi Monkey Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tai Chi Monkey Girl!

    I have never tried Tiger Balm I might have to soon!

    Good luck with P90X Lean and keep on Bringing It!!!

    ReplyDelete