Thursday, November 13, 2008

P90X Day 68: Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X


Today was Legs & Back. Pull-ups, Squats, Lunges .........

I really enjoy this workout every single time. Always am very sore afterwards and get a great sweat going. I have a poll over on the column on the right that asks if P90X really works .... Well, let me show you my results on the pull-up bar before you answer!

Week #1 (Day5) was the first time I did the Legs & Back workout. Their are 8 different pull-up/chin-up exercises that you complete over the course of the workout. I did a combined 75 reps (9.375 reps per) that first week and I thought that was great. Today, Week #10 (Day 68) I did a combined 168 reps (21 reps per). Based on these results I'd say P90X works!

ABX went great today also. I did every rep and even had my arms in the air for the first three exercises.

I followed the nutrition guide to the letter again today! My problem is that my weight is now 173 lbs?? This is a 4 lb gain in about two weeks time? I do not feel like I gained weight and my clothes are all still as loose as ever but I was a little concerned this was going to happen when I increased the carb intake according to Phase 3 of the nutrition guide. Mike decided to not do phase 3 and his weight has not increased at all. So, with this in mind I think I am going to jump back into the more balanced protein/carb portion of the nutrition guide. AND .... I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I miss having protein shakes for breakfast!

Tomorrow is the always fun KenpoX day!

Thanks for Reading

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hi -
    I am considering buying P90x and was wondering what type of supplements you need and how expensive they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff,

    My weight had also swung up 2 lbs over the last weekend after loosing 4 lbs from Day 30. That's when I decided to sign up at "The Daily Plate" where Matt post his blog. Watching how much I eat has really help me drop those 2 lbs I gained.

    When I gained those 2 lbs, my clothes also fitted like it did before the weight increase. I guess I probably just gained muscle weight. It's crazy how my body react to all the protein I ate over the weekend.

    You probably also gained muscle weight while loosing fat at the same time. You clothes is your best measuring device. So, don't worry just keep pressing play, do your best and forget the rest.

    Tai Chi Monkey Girl

    ReplyDelete