Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Triathlon Bike

This morning I went out and tried the Cervelo P2 and Quintana Roo Tequilo at their respective bike shops. I really liked the P2 but I had trouble finding the perfect fit. The P2 comes in 51cm and 55cm sizes. The 51cm felt a just a little too small and the 55cm was big on me. I probably could have got by with either but I don't want to just get by - I want it to be perfect.


So then I went up to the Woodlands and and tried the QR bikes again. The QR is made in 52cm and 55cm. I sat on the 52cm and it felt perfect. I decided to purchase the Quintana Roo Tequilo 2009. The bike shop also gave me a really good deal. I am going back on Tuesday to get it fit. I also got clipless pedals and shoes at a really good price.


All of my indecision finally came down to the bike that fit me best so I am happy. Another thing that is nice is that this Bike Shop is much closer to my house and they are really nice. I figure that will be important later on down the road.


Here is a picture of my new bike:

5 comments:

  1. Jeff: That is one sweet ride! I'll bet you can't wait to take it out to the country, find you a nice straight road with new blacktop; aim it downwind, dip down into those aero bars, get in the zone and feel the wind slice around your shoulders!

    Congratulations and have fun! Just watch out for those railroad tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, pretty pumped about it! I am doing the fitting on Tuesday evening and will probably try and take it around the neighborhood for a few miles that night! Then next weekend I hope to get a nice 25+ mile ride in and really break it in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That is sweet! You made the right choice when you went for fit. You are going to love going aero!

    If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I just want to gauge the 52mm against your height. I think I would be a 50 or 51.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont mind at all! I am 5'9" ... a 53cm would probably be the best for me but neither bike had that option. The P2 Cervelo in 51cm might be perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 5'10" and had a 53cm when I rode (Novara Strada by REI). When they fit me, they changed out the bar stem to get it just right.

    ReplyDelete