Friday, August 21, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 14: 5 Mile run

I set the treadmill at a 9 minute pace and hit shuffle on the iPod! When it was all said and done I ended up with 5 miles in over 45:30. I felt great throughout the entire run and my HR only got up to 161 bpm. This is right in my target and aerobic zones. Very good day of training.

About 15 minutes in some guy came in and changed the channel on the TV in front of me (without asking) from Fox News to MSNBC. The amazing thing is that my HR did not get above 161 bpm when this happened! What is even more amazing is that this guy was the lost twin brother of Congressman Barney Frank. I mean I had to do a double take to make sure it really wasn't Frank. I was really proud of myself for not saying anything to the Barney Frank impersonator about changing the TV to that second rate cable news station. I really had to fight the urge to talk about Heathcare reform with Barney ...

Tomorrow I am going to run again in the morning with Annie and then the afternoon I will begin Week 3 and do Chest & Back!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Yup, that would have tested my heart rate, for sure. He probably saw your ear buds and assumed, er ascertained, that you weren't listening. It's one of those things I would have been thinking about all the way home..."I wish I woulda done________", or "I wish I woulda said ___________'.

    Afterwards, you should have approached him with a pen and paper and said, "Excuse, Congressman Frank - can I have your autograph?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing was there are 3 tv's right next to each other and I think he intentionally changed the one with FoxNews on it ... We all know that Barney Frank can't stand that network after what Bill O'Reilly did to him ...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, nice run!

    Second, good job on controlling yourself. The combination of MSNBC and Barny Franks is a definite challenge.

    Next time you see that person at the gym, maybe you can ask him how that whole hopey, changey think is working out!

    ReplyDelete