Tuesday, August 11, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 4: 4.5 Mile Run (pace)

Four days down; 86 days to go!

So another one in the books. Normal P90X schedule today would have been Yoga, but to accommodate my Triathlon training I hit the treadmill hard. My legs were feeling a little sluggish today. I did a 5 minute light jog to try and get some energy in them but it didn't help. I was planning on running for 45 minutes at about a 9:00/mile pace but realized my legs needed some help so I just cranked the treadmill up and figured I'd run at my 5K pace.

My reasoning is if my legs don't want to cooperate then I will force them to! Basically, it is I either keep up with the treadmill or I fall off the back of it ... this worked well because I ended up doing 3 miles in 22:08, about a 7:30ish pace. I wanted to go a little more but was feeling the burn so I backed off to my aerobic 9:00 minute pace and did another 1.5 miles.

Overall a pretty good workout.

The reason my legs were not all there today is because I am SORE. I forgot how bad P90X rips you up the first couple of weeks. My arms, chest and back are just aching anytime I move. It is not fun. And even though my legs are in good shape physically beginning P90X has put some strain on them too! I absolutely love P90X and cannot wait to hit the gym for Legs & Back tomorrow. This is my favorite workout on all the P90X and P90X PLUS videos. And I thought my legs were sluggish today? Wait until tomorrow!!!

Oh, I have been rambling on about wanting a new triathlon bike. I have checked out a few different ones over the last week and am still unsure. I have them narrowed down to two bikes. I might post them both tomorrow and see what you guys think?

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Bring on the Sneaky Lunges!
    Bring on the Iso Toe Rolls!
    Bring on the Wall Squats!

    Yes, you will be sore. Legs and Back worked me every time. And every time I did L&B, I was sore the next day. Then, I usually did Yoga and that's a great leg workout by itself.

    Sounds like mixing in your tri-training is going to be challenging. I'm kind of going through what Boomer is going through. My body is calling for a time-out when I want to keep playing. I will have to force myself to rest for a (gasp) week. I haven't had a rest-week in weeks.

    I'd like to see the bikes your considering, post 'em up! Let's have a look-see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Jeff. I haven't gotten my P90x yet. right now I'm not sure how soon it will be till I get it. But I have been sticking to my excercises, jump rope, jump jacks, pushups, crunches. And running. last friday i ran 8 miles. And I have lost 19 lbs since June 1st. I'm now 200lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve the bikes are up let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck, that is awesome results! Keep up that schedule and P90X will be no problem for you!

    ReplyDelete