Saturday, August 15, 2009

P90X Hybrid Day 8: Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X

After I spent my morning bike shopping (See post below for new bike picture)then it was off to the gym for the beginning of Week 2 and Chest & Back.

I was feeling a bit sluggish today so I took 3 scoops of the NO-Xplode pre-workout drink in a 16-0z water bottle. Now this was a good idea because I was super jacked up to workout. It was a bad idea because during my workout it gave me a light-headed feeling that is still with me right now. Very weird. I took this supplement for 12 weeks before and not once did I get this light-headed feeling. I am thinking it may have happened because I missed my mid-morning snack and had a lighter than normal lunch.

I still had a decent workout but I banged myself up some. My left shoulder, which put me on the shelf for about a month last year, is acting up again. I was doing military dumbbell presses the second time through and I felt a little ting in the muscle. I backed off on the amount of weight and it didn't really bother me but it has been barking some since I got home. Also, I have no idea how I did it, but my left hamstring is feeling tender. I do not think either of these are going to set me back at all but it still sucks.

Tomorrow is a cardio day so I am going to hit the pool and do a bunch of laps. Swimming is the weakest link for me so I am really going to need to focus on this for the next Triathlon on October 18th.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. It goes without saying, but take it easy with the lifting. Your triathlon training needs to be top priority. An injury could cancel your race.

    Btw, thanks for the smooth swimming link. I am reading the articles and trying to glean as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smooth swimming is pretty cool. I am enjoying it!

    Going to lift in a little while - hopefully the shoulder feels okay.

    ReplyDelete