Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week Four, Day Two: 40 min Run + 40 min Swim

Good day today!

My knees are feeling much better.  Still some soreness but not pain.  This is a much more manageable scenario!

This morning I did a 4.30 mile run in 40 minutes.  I tried to keep it nice and easy in the RPE 2-3 zone like my training plan suggested.  It was really cold out but after about 10 minutes or so I warmed up and got a nice run in. 

In the evening I went to the gym to hit the pool.  The gym was crowded with all the resolutionists but the pool was empty!  I worked on a bunch of drills from The Essential Triathlon Swimming DVD and then did a quick 400 yards of laps to re-enforce the drills.  I am still pretty slow with my freestyle stroke but am getting much more comfortable in the water.  Swimming does not feel as hard as it did a couple of weeks ago and I think the drills from the DVD are really helping. 

Today is another double day.  My run is scheduled for 40 minutes and the swim is scheduled for 30 minutes.  I will probably do the run right after work and then eat some dinner and go swim later.  I was going to run this morning but it is freezing cold out and I am a huge wimp!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

5 comments:

  1. Dang Jeff! I get tired from exercise just reading your posts (in a good way)! You and Boomer are so inspiring to me! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie - Congrats on your weight loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie... Jeff sets a pretty tough standard.

    Jeff... I am a cold wimp too! However, our definitions of cold are much different. Cold is 60 degrees! Ok, so what is the verdict on the DVD. How many stars are you giving it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer ... I'd say a 4.5 out of 5 stars. If you are a new triathlete then a 5 out of 5. I wish they would have spend more time on workouts and less on race day tips but that would be very helpful for newbies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mini-review. I will probably get it. In reality I am a triathlete newbie so it will helpful. I would like to do another triathlon, however, right now my knee is the limiting factor.

    ReplyDelete