Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Six, Day Four: 40 Minute Swim + 1hr 19 Minute Run (8.46 Miles)


Good day today!  It started out rather suspect though.  My alarm went off at 5am.  I turned it off and got ready to get out of bed and go for my scheduled 1:15 run and the next thing I know is I look at my clock and it says 7am.  Gotta love it when that happens!

I had to go to work so no training this morning. 

But that was not going to stop me especially since I had so much energy from my extra two hours of sleep.  After work I went to the gym and got in 1500 M.  I just did 60 laps of easy swimming ..no intervals, just easy swimming and I got to try out new Aqua Sphere goggles and really liked them.

After my swim I jumped in the car and made the 10 minutes drive home.  Swimming makes me hungry so I slammed a quick pure protein bar and headed out the door.  Just me, my Garmin, my Asics, Eddie Vedder and Axl Rose - Good times had by all!

I felt great during the entire 8.46 mile run.  It was done in 1:19 which was about a 9:20ish pace.  Oh, and my new Asics are at that finally broken in perfect on your feet stage.  This usually occurs right around the 30-35 mile mark and I hit that today and the shoes are now just glorious to run in!

I put that poll up on top a little bit ago because I am unsure of how to spend my Saturday.  I found a 5k race over in The Woodlands, which is about 15-20 minutes from me at 8am.  I really want to run a 5k at a full out effort just to see what I can do.  But if I do it at a full out effort it may take enough out of me to not want to ride ... which is what is scheduled in my training plan.  Not sure what to do?  Will probably just HTFU and do both!

Tomorrow is a 45 minute swim.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like perfectly broken in running shoes, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I voted for the 5k run only. Here is the reason for my vote... I know you will burn up that 5k and I want to see a PR. So I want to see you give it all up on the run. Also, you have been kicking butt on the workouts so I think it will be okay to save the ride for another time.

    Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...not me man, I want you to do both, dadgummit! HTFU, man-up, and gitterdun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would do both, even if I had to drop it into granny and wuss my way thru the ride. Then you can brag about this kick arse brick session you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for both. But I would like to see PR like Boomer said. I'm sure you would upset some folks. Just like the guy who tried to race you in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do the run. You can use the ride as a cool down.

    ReplyDelete