Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week Seven, Days 4, 5, & 6: Travel Complete and Sunday Ramblings and Links

I got back last night from my work trip to Dallas.  Being an Outside Sales Rep I am not real good at sitting in meeting rooms and listening to marketing and management people give presentations.  If you know me or have friends and family that are in an Outside Sales position you probably notice we are a different breed of people!  Some traits that we all seem to share are ADHD, stubbornness, sarcasm as a weapon, overtly outgoing, narcissism, independent, and pretty much across the board type A personalities.  Now put a group of these people together in a small conference room for a couple of days and aside from the large number of inappropriate jokes the conversation usually revolves around how our time is being wasted. 

Well, that was not the case at this meeting.  My company introduced a boatload of new products and resources to help make us all more successful at our jobs and I left feeling very optimistic about the upcoming fiscal year.  In 11 years and 3 different companies this is the first time I actually left one of these meetings, and there have been many,  feeling great about everything that was presented to us.  It was such a productive couple of days that I am not even upset about not being able to work out of either Friday or Saturday!

I did however get in an easy 30 minute run on Thursday morning and am jumping on the Bike as soon as I finish this post.  I will then get in an hour at the pool this evening!

Sunday Morning Ramblings and Link Dump:
  • I live in Kingwood Texas and love the Great State of Texas.  However, I was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania and my allegiance to Pittsburgh sports have never wavered.  When I was in college I spent a summer as an Intern for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  I worked in the Premium Seating department and had a chance to interact with many of the Penguins players including my all-time favorite player Mario Lemieux.  As good as a player as Mario was he is an even better person and I will always remember how gracious he was to myself and the other dorky interns.  So, when I read (here) that he is part of a group trying to buy the Pittsburgh Pirates from the current penny pinching owner Bob Nutting I was more than pleased.  Go get 'em Mario!

  • Cold Weather you can go away any time now!  Really, it is okay to leave, bye.

  • Today's Trainer movie is, "Watchmen" - Will let you know what I think later tonight.

  • I waste countless hours laughing at parodies on YouTube.  One of my all-time favorites is from the old Fox show, "The O.C".   I am embarrassed to admit that I used to watch this show (yes, I know, I am a 13- year old girl, leave me alone).  I think I actually stopped watching it after the Season 2 finale which ended with this clip:  HERE.  Aside from the awful acting this clip wasn't all that funny.  But then SNL went and did this parody of if:  HERE. Then the genius that is YouTube went wild with creative parodies such as this (The Office), this (300), this (The Matrix), this (The Departed), this (Lost), and my favorite- this (Reggie Bush).  Enjoy and I am sorry that stupid song is now stuck in your head!
Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. "...ADHD, stubbornness, sarcasm as a weapon, overtly outgoing, narcissism, independent, and pretty much across the board type A personalities" - Hey, you could be a Beachbody coach! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete