Monday, March 2, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 43: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and ARX

Looking at this image you are probably thinking I am going to ramble on about the decline of the Stock Market. However, this image represents how I CRASHED today. A different image would have to be used for the market because this one actually shows an increase before the decline!! I woke up around 7am today and had zero energy. I mean my motor skills were off. I felt like I'd been through a 12-round boxing match. This was the inevitable BONK that I knew was coming!

So, for breakfast I had a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter. Literally, halfway through the bagel I started to feel better. By the time I was done with it I felt normal. For a midday snack I had a Balance Bar instead of a Pure Protein Bar. Lunch was a salad with chicken. My energy level dropped a little again and for a snack I had another Balance Bar and immediately felt better!

The cool thing is that I did the high protein/low carb thing for 7 days and in that time I dropped 5 lbs. From 164, down to 159. And it looks like I lost most of it in my belly, which was the goal! As G.W. Bush would say - Mission Accomplished!

Today's workout was very solid for me. If you had been reading, myself and fellow P90Xer Steve decided to trying the Pike's Presses with our feet on a chair instead of on the floor. And it really made the exercise much harder, but in a good way. From now on I will use the chair! Even though it makes me fear that I will slip and smash my face. I got through the workout with quite a bit of energy but lost some steam on ARX. Probably because of the no carb crash I was experiencing. On the oblique raises I had to pause 2 times on each side. I made it through the leg grabs and then took about a 2-minute break before I started Mason Twists, which I got through all 50 of!

Now that the BONK happened I am going to go back to the balanced 40/40/20 plan and finish out the next 47 days this way. And I am really going to enjoy eating good. healthy complex carbs again!

Tomorrow is Plyometrics!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Jeff, you went pretty far on your low carb plan! Further, you got awesome results!!! Way to go!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff:

    I admire your ability to plow through the bonk. This mornings Plyo X was rough for me, for probably the same reasons. I've cut back on my carbs of late and for the first time, I was seeing stars half-way through the workout! But I stuck with it, even though I had to fast-forward through the "sports bonus" due to time constraints. And oh yeah, I shredded one more pound...down to 163 now!

    Anyway, about the Pike Press...this move is a killer, plain and simple. It's similar to slapping 135lbs (or more, depending on body weight!) on a bar and doing military presses without a warmup.

    Like you, I thought I was going to roll over my push-up bars. I think this move will take practice. I was able to do 5 with good form, but after that, it was a serious struggle. Thankfully, Carl "Serious-face" lawyer-boy keeps going on the DVD, which gives us more time to gather ourselves and crank one or two more.

    I'm going to appreciate the recovery week next week, I can tell already! I'm glad I extended my workout one more week.

    Keep bringin' it!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys, It is amazing how when you remove all the garbage from your body you can control it! I feel like I can add/lose 5 lbs anytime I want now. And can also control my energy levels. This is just an awsome side-effect/bonus of clean eating.

    Steve, Serious Face Carl does give you the extra couple of seconds to get a few reps in. For some reason that guy cracks me up. He would be an intimidating dude in a trial!

    ReplyDelete