Wednesday, March 4, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 45: Back, Biceps, & Ab Ripper X

"Pop .... crack .... pop .... pop ......"
- My shoulders

Today was Back & Biceps. This it just a great overall workout and I look forward to everytime and today was no exception!

Today also represents the midway point of my 90 days. Nice goal to reach!

I had a good ratio day with my eating: 45% Protein/35% Carbs/20% Fat, and right at 2600 calories total. And everytime I have a good nutrition day like this my energy level is nice and high for my workouts. I got through B & B very efficiently today. I used the 35lb or 25lb dumbbells on just about everything. The strip downs at the end were just an awesome burn ... I did: 35, 25, 25, 15 .... 8 reps of each. The last 25lb was an absolute killer. Sweat was pouring off of me by this point. My only problem was that my body was a crackling today. During the warm-ups doing the arm circles it was just crack, crack, crack! And the rest of the moves were exactly the same ... it didn't hurt, it was just awkward because usually I loosen up during the warm-ups.

After I finished up ARX I thought about doing Abs/Core Plus but I was too damn hungry and dinner was calling. I will do it tomorrow after Yoga!

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on you half point milestone! Not to mention your on round 2.

    Nice job on your nutrition plan for the day. I know what you mean about feeling good for your workouts when things go as planned.

    Btw, have you actually done abs core plus after ARX. I got a challenge to do just that, however, doing both of them sees pretty tough.

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff - Likewise, congrats on hitting the half-way point. This program is tough! I'm almost 2/3 finished...and the hardest part is yet to come! I'm geared up though...thanks for sharing your experiences here because I look forward to seeing what you and others are doing. I may have konked out a few weeks ago before I bumped into your blog...I certainly wouldn't be doing Pike Presses on a chair, dats fo' sho! :)

    I like your reps with strip set curls. This is similar to a move I was doing in my "bodybuilding" days in my 20's. I curl till failure with 35's...then I curl till failure with 30's...then I curl to failure with 25's...and so on. I start before Tony and crew get going and by the time they're done, I'm hardly moving 12-lb dumbbells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,

    Found your blog about a week ago and read the entire thing. I love your dedication and you are a very good writer, too! You have helped to keep me motivated with P90X (on beginning of 2nd phase). Just wanted to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer, I might be hard to do Abs/Core after ARX, but if you are game I am in -- let me know when you want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, thanks for commenting also! It really helps to others sharing their experiences and going through the same ups and downs.

    Also, I used to do the same workouts back in the football days -- burnouts is what we called 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack - Thanks for the kind words. This blog helps keep me focused and motivated and it is good to hear it does the same for others. Feel free to stop by and comment anytime you need an extra push.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete