Sunday, March 15, 2009

P90X Round 2 Day 54 & 55: Core Synergistics and Rest Day

Friday morning I was able to get up early and get in my Core Synergistics workout. It went very well and I wish I would workout in early am more often!

Since my friends we in on Friday and Saturday I decided to take Saturday as my rest day instead of Sunday.

My real problem this weekend has been my nutrition. I did well on Friday all day until dinner. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant that I love! I had three flour tortillas with grilled chicken and beef. I really try and stay away from all white breads because of the ridiculous amount of simple carbs. They also usually contain high fructose corn syrup and enriched flour which are two of the major contributors to the obesity epidemic in our country. But I had some on Friday and I didn't feel very good about it.

However, Friday was not the problem. It was Saturday! So, every year Houston hosts a rodeo for 3 weeks in March. It is the largest rodeo in the world. I am not a fan of country music or horse riding or bull riding or anything related to farm animals so usually the wife and I do not attend. That being said we didn't realize what we were missing out on and had a great time at the rodeo. The food was just ridiculous. I had some of the best sausage and brisket I have ever had in my life. I am guessing both were pretty high in fat. The food options wee like nothing I have ever seen before! Then I had a sausage on a stick ... which was awesome! I probably had 10 beers ... which was real awesome! Then I had probably the worst thing nutritionally that has ever gone into my body. DEEP FRIED OREO's. Yes, you read that right. They were oreos breaded with something and then deep fried. Picture a corn dog, but instead of a hotdog on the inside it is an oreo. Just to prove how crazy these things were my buddy Mike had a deep fried Twinkie! As bad as this sounds the oreos where absolutely amazing. I wanted to eat like a dozen but limited myself to two! I got on the scale this morning and was 4 lbs heavier than I was on Friday morning.

Now, that I confessed my mis-eatings it is time to move forward. I am going to go do Yoga in a couple of minutes then hit the sack and catch up on some sleep!

Tomorrow begins Week 9 and I get to go back to the Week 1 workout schedule. I enjoy the change-ups that P90X tosses at you and am looking forward to see the progress I have made since I last did this weeks workouts.

Thanks for Reading,

Jeff

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post today. I like your brutal honesty about the nutrition. What I liked more though, was your story about the rodeo. It sounds like big time fun! When you go to an event like that you have to enjoy everything, even the cool food. It just makes the experience complete. No biggie, you can just get back on the horse (pun intended) tomorrow!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Jeff. Four lb's heavier. I was chuckling through your description of the rodeo because as a fellow southerner, transplanted like you, there's no end to what true Southerners will throw into a fryer. I've had fried Oreos before.

    At a fair near here, we saw - no kidding - Fried Butter,! A chilled stick of butter, rolled in batter, quick fried...and then melting all over the plate as one eats it. But like I said...Southerners will not stop at throwing anything into a fryer to see how it tastes.

    No matter how your weekend went, I doubt you would have wanted mine. I got home from running errands on Saturday morning and started gearing up for my Yoga X, when the wife came up to me and said "I think something is dripping from the kids bathroom upstairs." Being the ultimate DIY'er, and to make a long story short, I no longer have a ceiling in my laundry room and my daughter has a huge hole in her wall where I had to repair a tiny leak in a pipe...which apparently had been leaking for quite some time. So I ended up doing the off-P90X workout called "Plumbing X"...running up and down stairs, running back and forth to Home Depot...and running low on patience. Thankfully, no more leaks though.

    Phase 3 starts today - so its time to BRING IT! with Chest and Back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Plumbing X.

    Btw, I know your situation is not funny! I had a leak under the concrete slab that my house sit upon. I had to jack hammer my floor to get to it!

    Boomer
    Project Exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boomer - Chiseling up a slab is far worse than what I had to do, thats for sure! It's amazing what a half-gallon of water will do when it seeps into the framing over an extended period of time! It's quite another when its washing away the foundation.

    I've learned my leak lessons to the point where I shut off my water at the street whenever I leave the house for two or more days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laugh all you want Jeff, but you know you loved those Oreos! And I don't care, I'll admit I loved the Twinkie! As promised, now that I'm feeling better, I startd pushing play again today. Thanks for a great time this weekend. We had a blast. And I want to see more of the sheep riding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boomer, glad you enjoyed the post! You are right about enjoying special things you do in life. I pretty type A and get obsessive about certain things I am doing and am sometimes very hard on myself ... nutrition has been one of those things and i hate to slip up but I need to let it go and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, that freaking sucks about the leak. Good luck on getting it repaired. That shit can get expensive ... but if there is a silver lining it could of been as bad as Boomers leak, that sounded awful!

    Also, you might want to trademark "Plumbing X", Tony Horton might read this and try to rip you off ...lol ... once you see the PLUS videos you will know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, Welcome back to the cult! You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete